PDA

View Full Version : Giesha at Sebring

Izzone
05-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Here is a video at Sebring last weekend

I have been asked a bunch the differences between the 997.2 RS and the 997.1 non RS. I can tell you from driving both at Sebring they are two completely different cars. The 997.1 running 2:26.7 was twitchy. The 997.2 RS running 2:26.1 was very stable and I left time on the table. I have some work to do on the dangerous spin corners.

If you track and are considering a 997.1 over a 997.2, it is no brainer 997.2

These laps were on Toyo RA1, 245/335 (well over 40 heat cycles on fronts). It was over 90F out, track was greasy towrds the end of the day

A few points
1. Suspension is very different
2. Dynamic engine mounts work. Off gas in the bumps the car is smooth, on gas connected. If you track this is a must have option.....I think better than solid mount
3. Aero is noticable (old car was non RS)
4. Car feels to have much more grip
5. Gearing is different, I am not exactly sure what gear to be in the slow corners
6. Torque is noticable

I think I put mt TM in backwards http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/images/smilies/smile.gif Gas is brake, but you get the idea

Jenk12M............Checkmate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmAVAXJHs8s

FTS
05-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Really enjoyed the vid and review, very informative. Did Sin get your 997.1 or another?

Also, is it the case where if you don't have DEM you won't miss it and deal with the engine settling a little late and feel the difference after you get you have driven a car that has it? I haven't driven a car without it, so I don't know the differenc, or how pronounced of a feeling it is of havin and not having it.

Thanks Randy great post.

Izzone
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Really enjoyed the vid and review, very informative. Did Sin get your 997.1 or another?

Also, is it the case where if you don't have DEM you won't miss it and deal with the engine settling a little late and feel the difference after you get you have driven a car that has it? I haven't driven a car without it, so I don't know the differenc, or how pronounced of a feeling it is of havin and not having it.

Thanks Randy great post.

Sin911 has my old car

if you have a Gen2 and can retrofit it would be nice

On a bumpy track it seems to settle the car / engine down a little bit

I dont care for the feeling of solid mounts for a street car

jenk12m
05-04-2011, 10:40 PM
^^Do you keep the clutch in when you go down 2 gears or come off the clutch for each downshift?

FTS
05-05-2011, 06:35 AM
As far as I know, no one yet tried the DEM retrofit, I'd be very curious.

Izzone
05-05-2011, 09:36 AM
^^Do you keep the clutch in when you go down 2 gears or come off the clutch for each downshift?

I come off teh clutch for each downshift