PDA

View Full Version : Mancation II Drive North, or ship car to CA?

TRAKCAR
05-04-2011, 08:51 PM
OK, shipping my car to Germany for the summer is out. No insurance.

Thinking of driving North this summer with my truck and trailer. I might talk Izzone :pals: into going with me and share Diesel and keep my beer cooler topped off. :-8
Easy, own truck and trailer. Good to go, just go for a long week and hit 2-3 events..

Another friend shipped his RS to IL for the summer and I can even leave all my stuff there and fly home in between events if that works.
Plenty to choose from:
July 1<SUP>st</SUP> Road ATL ?
July 2+3 Putnam IN ?
July 4+5 VIR with Chin
July 5+6 david Murry NJMP
July 8-10 VIR PBOC
July 9+10 Autobahn with nasa
July 9+10 Putnam IN
July 11+12 The glen Sports Car Driving Assoc?
July 11+12 Road America PCA
July 14-16 Lime rock PCA
July 14-17 monticello PBOC
July 15-17 Mid Ohio

OR:

I will call Intercity this weekend to get price for shipping my car FL->CA-FL. I am figuring to paying $3k.:(. If much more I might throw towel.

I will need some logistical help and insider info to leave my car somewhere for July and August, maybe September while I try to hit as many tracks as possible this summer with as little flying as possible, yet try to be in my office at least 1 day a week:

-Thunder Hill
-Sears Point
-Laguna Seca
-Button Willow
-Callspeed
-Willow springs
-Vegas

Did I forget something?

Question; I'm sure storage at race shops near the tracks or at one of the fellow inflicted on this Forum won't be much of a problem. I should only need a service stop once for pads and maybe oil change if I leave with fresh everything. A Jack, Torque bar and some basic tools, helmet and Hans should fit in the car. I will UPS extra set of BBS somewhere and back and UPS more rear Toyo's if I can't make it on 2 sets of rears. Fronts no issue.

Now, before I ship my car I want to book and register for all events so I can book plane tickets etc. Based on how the events connect or with only a couple days in between (Wine, Napa with wifey I suppose :kiss:) I will decide North or West.

What websites do I need to go on to find all the events? I know nothing onthe West Coast besides PCA and it shows NO DE events in CA in the summer? Wassup with that? :confused:
I will instruct a beginner where possible :-DDD
Extra track time, get to meet more people and save a few $$..

All suggestions welcome, I don't want to end up in a Wild West event with a bunch of crazy's. Safe well organized events...

FTS
05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Amazing undertaking :D Don't what to say, except love to be part of it, but... family/work won't let me away for that long.

One suggestion: you will need storage for spare parts for usual consumables and few other items that may not take the load back to back to back to back ;)

NickW
05-04-2011, 10:15 PM
SoCal is hot as hell in the summer.

Midwest is humid as hell in the summer.

The tracks on the west coast have more elevation change.

I wouldn't bother with Putnam Park. It's basically a low rent CMP without the length or excitement.

Autobahn has many shops at the track who would be happy to work on and store your stuff. If y ou decide on the Midwest that could be a good home base.

jenk12m
05-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Wow, I would love to go out west but it may be a little more practical for me to go north for a few events

mooty
05-04-2011, 11:36 PM
here is site.
http://www.motorsportreg.com/

i will email you some days on my calendar, not that i will make those dates, but it's on my spreadsheet.

you can park your car at my place. it's literally right in the middle of thunderhill (160 miles), sears point (100 miles) and laguna seca (110miles or so). i can move your car to tony's shop when it needs pads and oil.

button willow is about 200 miles south. so is cal motorspeedway. willow spring is maybe 250 miles?

just put RA1 on the car, you can drive to any of these tracks.

FTS
05-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I have been entering many of the PCA events into our calendar: http://gt2gt3cup.org/calendar.php?c=1 with links to event information or registration pages; it is a slow process as PCA holds over 600 track events a year, I am ~60% done with the east coast events, could not make it to mid-west or west yet.

If you have events, enter it to the calendar, so it is in one place.

TRAKCAR
05-05-2011, 07:53 AM
SoCal is hot as hell in the summer.
Midwest is humid as hell in the summer.
It can't be as bad at Florida in the Summer..

Wow ,thank you for the offer Mooty, I will check out the link and your e-mail today/over the weekend/next week and if it looks doable start booking transport and tickets.. I don't see a problem driving everywhere, even on bald RA1's. If it rains hard I will just wait. Part of the plan.

Fatih, I looked at your list, I think I got them all. If I find new PCA stuff, I will send to you or update.

To be continued..

TRAKCAR
05-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Intercity 4K both ways.. :-((

And the feds say inflation is under control :sleepy:

NickW
05-05-2011, 03:35 PM

Wow ,thank you for the offer Mooty, I will check out the link and your e-mail today/over the weekend/next week and if it looks doable start booking transport and tickets.. I don't see a problem driving everywhere, even on bald RA1's. If it rains hard I will just wait. Part of the plan.

Fatih, I looked at your list, I think I got them all. If I find new PCA stuff, I will send to you or update.

To be continued..

You're right about that. Pretty much split the heat and humidity you get in South Florida between the desert heat of SoCal and the 70-90% humidity of IL/WI...

My recommendation- go where you want to go, the cash difference is negligible in the end.

jenk12m
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Intercity 4K both ways.. :-((

And the feds say inflation is under control :sleepy:
Just drag erik, Randy, and Juan to split the cost

mooty
05-05-2011, 11:23 PM

To be continued..

just emailed you the organization list

Izzone
05-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Lets stay east......I should be in

Jenk will be forced to meet us. We can guilt him into it

California next summer......plan a head, fill a semi each way for better pricing

Crazy Canuck
05-06-2011, 08:48 PM
You guys are forgetting Le Circuit Mont Tremblant, Calabogie Motorsports Park and Mosport.
Yes, you must drive Watkins Glen. I like it better than VIR.

jenk12m
05-06-2011, 11:58 PM
May be a tad cooler if we did that. Canada and new York

TRAKCAR
05-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Mosport is on the list.

We will be puzzling our calenders and try to hit as many tracks as we can.
Ideally

What are the best tracks north between IL and NY?
NJMP
Lime Rock
The Glen
Autobahn
Mosport
Mont tremblant
RoadAmerica
Mid Ohio

Which ones are we forgetting?

We can't do them all in a +/-9 day trip so we must choose and see what dates will work, but what are the best ones? How long and how much fun are they?
I rather drive a bit more and hit all the best ones.

I figure Watkins Glen and RoadAmerica are a must...

Crazy Canuck
05-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Calabogie is a great track as well. http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

From Northeast Region PCA http://www.porschenet.com/JCMS/content/view/330/140/
July 7-9 Thur/F/Sa Calabogie NER Mar 1 $275 $495 $585
July 11-13 M/Tu/W Mt Tremblant NER Mar 1 $285 $525 $595

Early July in southern Canada can be very hot.

FTS
05-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Summit Point and Monticello should be on your list IMO.

TRAKCAR
05-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Who has driven them all? How would you rank them in Must do bucket list?

BlkGT3
05-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Peter,

I plan on being @ Autobahn July 9/10 NASA and Road America July 11/12 PCA. If I feel really lucky I will stop @ Blackhawk Farms on July 13 on the way back to FL. Hmm 5 days is a row might just test my will power;)

IMHO Road America is a must drive track.

Peter

TRAKCAR
05-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for posting Peter! Those events are on our list.

Izzone
05-08-2011, 12:07 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Orlando,+FL&daddr=Calabogie,+Ontario,+Canada+to:Mont-Tremblant,+Quebec,+Canada+to:Lakeville,+CT+to:Bowm anville,+Ontario,+Canada+to:Watkins+Glen,+NY+to:Or lando,+FL&hl=en&geocode=FeB1swEdXEAm-yl3vM3-2HPniDGev6U8BrLDCg%3BFV82swId8lNt-ykvgFkAy9LTTDG60N2WxaZShw%3BFbvEwAId8IqN-ykXUpS8DXbPTDHAVE2urQwEBQ%3BFflTgAIdh2Sf-ykZ1B0WIIDniTE5FSNCuAuIkA%3BFVMPngIdr0pP-ymlkuTuxgDViTFj-KvCv5GZVA%3BFVWthgIdtAFr-ymPYdl7ClnQiTEJF1GeEb0s1A%3BFeB1swEdXEAm-yl3vM3-2HPniDGev6U8BrLDCg&mra=ls&sll=37.370157,-78.134766&sspn=30.161225,67.456055&ie=UTF8&ll=37.370157,-77.563477&spn=30.161225,67.456055&z=5

TRAKCAR
05-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Anyone know what it takes to drive the cars over the border?
Is there any paperwork that we have to know about?

FTS
05-08-2011, 12:41 PM
woww, 4K miles?!?!?! GL.

pranqster
05-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I know I am a little late in posting but I have used DeMoise Trucking from Jacksonville to Albuquerque, and a few times from Albuquerque to Las Vegas. Covered transport and great service. They have always been less than Intercity. Call Bill DeMoise 864-609-9390.

I will use them when I finally get to go to the PCA race DE at Daytona.

The East North trip sounds like a great trip.

Arcticgt3
05-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Peter,

We're waiting for you here in California. You'll meet great people, and get an endless supply of cookies to slow you down.

Armando

FEKGT3
05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Peter,
Would like to see you guys up the Northeast, Watkins Glen is an amazing track and will not disappoint but after living in Northern California and having the chance to drive the first 3 on your list Thunder Hill, Sears Point (Infineon) and Laguna Seca I say, "Go West Young Man!!!!"
Best of Luck either one will be a blast.
If it's the NE I want to partake in your PBOC date at Monticello, another good spot in NE and pretty close to NYC. Would want to join in on that one for sure!
Best,
Ted

TRAKCAR
05-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments, recommendations and advice.

I know I am a little late in posting but I have used DeMoise Trucking from Jacksonville to Albuquerque, and a few times from Albuquerque to Las Vegas. Covered transport and great service. They have always been less than Intercity. Call Bill DeMoise 864-609-9390.

I will use them when I finally get to go to the PCA race DE at Daytona.

The East North trip sounds like a great trip.

Thanks Pranqster, for now the North trip is winning out, we're just trying to firm up the exact tracks and dates but I will keep it in mind. We're also working on a half baked plan to ship a bunch of cars to California next year. We will be shopping :-DDD

Peter,

We're waiting for you here in California. You'll meet great people, and get an endless supply of cookies to slow you down.

Armando

Armando, great to see you here, I can't wait to come over and meet all the West coast legends :-)
Cookies! Ooohh, tempting! :pals:
It looks like CA has to wait until next year, but I may be bringing a buch of East coasters with me :-)

Peter,
Would like to see you guys up the Northeast, Watkins Glen is an amazing track and will not disappoint but after living in Northern California and having the chance to drive the first 3 on your list Thunder Hill, Sears Point (Infineon) and Laguna Seca I say, "Go West Young Man!!!!"
Best of Luck either one will be a blast.
If it's the NE I want to partake in your PBOC date at Monticello, another good spot in NE and pretty close to NYC. Would want to join in on that one for sure!
Best,
Ted

Hello ted, welcome to this forum as well!! :)
Thunder Hill, Sears Point (Infineon), Laguna Seca, Monticello...You are full of great idea's. Unfortunately I can only handle a few weeks of insanity at the time. :beatinghead:

I found Monticello PBOC days here: http://www.mytrackschedule.com/ViewEvent.asp?EventID=1659&TrackName=Monticello_Motor_Club&GroupName=PBOC_Northeast

I have not contacted them because it is the same date as we plan to be at Mosport.

Nothing final and no time today to work on it, but I guess we are looking at:

We wanted to go to Calabogie 7-10 and Mt Tremblant 11+12, but sound ristriction means making exhausts OEM.

So maybe now:
Autobahn with PCA 9+10 We wanted to go to Calabogie, but sound ristriction means making exhausts OEM.
Road America 11+12 PCA
Looking for something 13 or 14 on our way to Mosport
Mosport 15-17 PCA
Watkins Glen 18+19 Audiclub

Nobody contacted yet, but maybe we can make up our mind soon and start booking :D

bman
05-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Just back from 3 days at Mid Ohio. I'd strongly suggest modifying your schedule to add it. It was my 2nd time there and I am already trying to find another date to go back this year.

From your list my top picks, in no particular order, would be:

Glen
Tremblant
Mosport
Bogie
Mid Ohio
RA

jenk12m
05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
the dodge ram, will be busy on that trip

TRAKCAR
05-16-2011, 03:33 PM
We settled on our trip :-)
Our itinerary:
Autobahn NASA 9+10
Road America PCA 11+12
Mosport 14th.
Mid Ohio NASA 15-17
Watkins Glen AUDI 18+19

E-mailing and registering today/this week.

I talked izzone into it :pals:

NickW
05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Gosh, Autobahn will be the worst track on that list- that's saying something!

The rest of the list looks AWESOME. You guys will have a LOT of fun at the others- RA has a lot of high speed stuff, Mosport is classic, MO is the Laguna Seca of the East, and the Glen has so many really cool corners... quite jealous of you!

FTS
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Which month is this?

jenk12m
05-16-2011, 06:34 PM
July

jenk12m
05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
We settled on our trip :-)
Our itinerary:
Autobahn NASA 9+10
Road America PCA 11+12
Mosport 14th.
Mid Ohio NASA 15-17
Watkins Glen AUDI 18+19

E-mailing and registering today/this week.

I talked izzone into it :pals:
And izzone is trying to talk me into it:beatinghead:
How far is mosport from mid Ohio, that looks like some driving all through the night just to make on time for mid Ohio. However, I guess all of it will be driving through the night to make the next event

BlkGT3
05-17-2011, 01:48 PM
And izzone is trying to talk me into it:beatinghead:
How far is mosport from mid Ohio, that looks like some driving all through the night just to make on time for mid Ohio. However, I guess all of it will be driving through the night to make the next event

Come on. I will be @ Autobahn and RA but then my time runs out and its back to Florida.:beatinghead:

Peter

jenk12m
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
peter, glad to see you making the 1st half of the trip. im trying to make the 2nd half of the trip

TRAKCAR
05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Who else is joining the convoy?
Damn! You guys trying to scare us? http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/icon107.gif

Working on the schedule, will start booking hotels tomorrow:
Boynton Beach, FL 33426 ==> Windermere, FL 34786
July 7 Leave 5AM arrive 8AM Pickup Izone. Better be ready to go.

Autobahn Country Club
July 7 Leave 9AM arrive some hotel +/- 9PM July 8th from hotel to Autobahn
9+10 track

Road America
July 10 leave Autobahn arrive Ostoff hotel 4 hours later.
11+12 track

Mosport
July 12 drive a few hours find hotel leave early 13th. arrive Mosport hotel late
14 track

Mid Ohio
July 14 1 leave Mosport arrive Hotel Mid Ohio 8!! Hours later. Need to haul ass and maybe drive a bit the 15th.
15-16-17 track

Watkins Glen
July 17 leave Mid Ohio arrive Hotel Watkins Glen 7!! Hours later. Need to haul ass again.
18+19 track

20+21 drive home

4400 Miles. 10 track days
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

FTS
05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
If I can work out my schedule, I am going to join you guys either at Watkins Glen or Mid-Ohio.

jenk12m
05-18-2011, 10:28 PM
faith, lets try and do mid ohio and watkins

FTS
05-18-2011, 10:36 PM
That would be awesome. But with my work schedule as dynamic as it is right now, it is impossible for me to commit, I am almost living on a week by week basis.

jenk12m
05-18-2011, 11:16 PM
ok great so i'll see you there :)

just trying to psych myself up for the drive

TRAKCAR
05-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Great to see you guys are joing the tail part of our trip.
We are going to need some mental support by then.

jenk12m
05-20-2011, 11:05 PM
you guys are going to be walking zombies by watkins glen

no point by's and just rude...lmao

TRAKCAR
05-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Yup, I was already exhausted after 1 week and only 5 track days!
This trip is double tough, but we're bringing better drugs this time.

I hope we and our cars will last the whole trip!

jenk12m
05-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Better drugs is essential

Trackrat
05-22-2011, 10:50 AM
you guys are going to be walking zombies by watkins glen

no point by's and just rude...lmao

:ROFL!: Funny!

Two-thumbs up for living life to the fullest. What a great plan to drive yourselves silly and hang out with like-minded maniacs. You are making memories that 99.9% of people can only fantasize about :-8

jenk12m
05-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Yea this is something I wish I could make the entire trip. Can't wait till the macationIII in Cali next year

TRAKCAR
05-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Mancation III East VS West on home turf...

TRAKCAR
05-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Updated info:
Autobahn Country Club NASA registration open now
July 7 Leave 9AM arrive some hotel +/- 9PM July 8th from hotel to Autobahn
9+10 track

Road America PCA registration June 6th.
July 10 leave Autobahn arrive Ostoff hotel 4 hours later.
11+12 track

Mosport Private track day, e-mail me for details.
July 12 drive a few hours find hotel leave early 13th. arrive Mosport hotel late
14 track

Mid Ohio NASA registration open.
July 14 1 leave Mosport arrive Hotel Mid Ohio 8!! Hours later. Need to haul ass and maybe drive a bit the 15th.
15-16-17 track

Watkins Glen Audi club, registration open
July 17 leave Mid Ohio arrive Hotel Watkins Glen 7!! Hours later. Need to haul ass again.
18+19 track

bman
05-24-2011, 08:55 AM
WOW! New title "Real Manication II"

I can't find one stop on the tour that I can attend :beatinghead:

jenk12m
05-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Bman there is always a way

FTS
05-25-2011, 07:49 PM
That is hard to believe Brian; don't make this one at the last minute like VIR. Although I am thrown between the Pirelli UTCC time trials vs. this one in July, but meeting these nuts somehow seems much more attractive, especially after they are drugged. :D

TRAKCAR
05-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Let's just say we are likely a create a story per stop, some intended, some are just forced upon us :-DDD

We just bought a couple of dozen RA1 335 shaved 5/32nds today. I think we have the market firmly cornered :ballkicked:

jenk12m
05-25-2011, 09:42 PM
5/32 instead of 2/32?

there will be so many stories, yall will need a film crew to catch everything

TRAKCAR
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Unshaved, sent to shaver for that perfect 5/32nd shaving!

Film crew. I'm on it.
These guys have nothing on me:
http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/24/6684065-buddies-bond-over-mancations-

Izzone
05-26-2011, 08:48 PM
5/32 instead of 2/32?

there will be so many stories, yall will need a film crew to catch everything

And we got them cheaper than the 2/32 tires :)

bman
05-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Bman there is always a way

That is hard to believe Brian

but meeting these nuts somehow seems much more attractive,

It's a struggle. We have a 3 day Potomac PCA event at Summit Point 15-17. And I heading to the Glen on the 29th-31st.

I witnessed a brief moment on Manaction I and "attractive" isn't the word I would use to describe.:p Worn out, hung over and dirty seems more appropriate....that's why I am frustrated I can't join them. :D

And we got them cheaper than the 2/32 tires :)

I am making the switch to 18"! I've been running 19" and can't take the lack of tire options anymore.

TRAKCAR
06-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Quick update :hello:

- We registered and paid for all the events and booked most hotel nights:
Autobahn Country Club July 9+10
Road America PCA 11+12
Mosport 14
Mid Ohio 15-16-17
Watkins Glen 18+19

- We're both getting the PFC dimpled front rotors and we will have 3 sets of worn front OEM rotors and 1 set of OEM rear rotors with us as spares.

- Running PFC08 pads and we will take 1 extra set each with us, they won't last 10 days. We will see how far they go. I am adding front brake ducts next week, but I don't think they are really needed at those tracks. Nothing Like Sebring PBIR and Homestead. I think the brake parts manufacturers designed these brake killer tracks down here :-((

- Cars are both Dyno'd for the fun of it, bit Dyno'ed at about 420HP, so that looks good as well.

- Tires: Toyo 18" RA1 245F and 335R. We each will have 2 sets mounted on rims and we will have about 6 rears and 2 fronts each to mount.

I hope there is still room for a beer cooler :ROFL!:

Both cars' allignment is the same, the only difference will be the LSD and brake ducts that I have, but Izzone is thinking about doing that as well.

bman
06-20-2011, 11:23 AM
I did a mini-mancation last week! No comparision to Peter's trip but....

Drove Watkins Glen Wednesday. About 4 1/2 hour drive to WG. I drove up and back in less than 24hours. Interesting twist on the day when we ran the short/Nascar track from 3-4:30pm. That was cool.

Also, drove NJMP Thunderbolt on Saturday. A little over a 2 hour drive. Drove up at 5am, tracked 5-25 minutes sessions and was home in time for dinner with neighbors. This was a NJMP member day which was very enjoyable. I attended as a guest. They served breakfast and lunch which were terrific and the atmosphere was welcoming and laid back.

I changed the aero by adding the GT2RS front splitter and wing lip. Also, added more front spring and a turbo tweak. I used these two days to test the changes. Unfortantely, I need more testing! Car feels much different and was hard to read. My confidence was shaken and I couldn't get a handle on why the car felt bad. I made a sway bar change didn't do much to improve things. It was some of the worst and least comfortable driving I can recall ever experiencing and it was due to my inability to understand the chassis.:-((

Back to Mancation II - You guys are going to love Watkins Glen! This was my 3rd time there and 1st time back since the first weekend in August. It's awesome!

FTS
06-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Only the front springs, not rears?

TRAKCAR
06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
bman, I tried hard to fit in NJMP, but it just did not work. Dave Murry has an event there early July but Randy could not leave on time.
http://davidmurry.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=4

I kinda did the same thing this weekend, left for Homestead Saturday at 5 am, ran 4 sessions and left for home 4 pm, I was ohome lying on the coach with a beer at 5:30 PM :-)

jurnes
06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
OK, shipping my car to Germany for the summer is out. No insurance.

Thinking of driving North this summer with my truck and trailer. I might talk Izzone :pals: into going with me and share Diesel and keep my beer cooler topped off. :-8
Easy, own truck and trailer. Good to go, just go for a long week and hit 2-3 events..

Another friend shipped his RS to IL for the summer and I can even leave all my stuff there and fly home in between events if that works.
Plenty to choose from:
July 1<SUP>st</SUP> Road ATL ?
July 2+3 Putnam IN ?
July 4+5 VIR with Chin
July 5+6 david Murry NJMP
July 8-10 VIR PBOC
July 9+10 Autobahn with nasa
July 9+10 Putnam IN
July 11+12 The glen Sports Car Driving Assoc?
July 11+12 Road America PCA
July 14-16 Lime rock PCA
July 14-17 monticello PBOC
July 15-17 Mid Ohio

OR:

I will call Intercity this weekend to get price for shipping my car FL->CA-FL. I am figuring to paying $3k.:(. If much more I might throw towel.

I will need some logistical help and insider info to leave my car somewhere for July and August, maybe September while I try to hit as many tracks as possible this summer with as little flying as possible, yet try to be in my office at least 1 day a week:

-Thunder Hill
-Sears Point
-Laguna Seca
-Button Willow
-Callspeed
-Willow springs
-Vegas

Did I forget something?

Question; I'm sure storage at race shops near the tracks or at one of the fellow inflicted on this Forum won't be much of a problem. I should only need a service stop once for pads and maybe oil change if I leave with fresh everything. A Jack, Torque bar and some basic tools, helmet and Hans should fit in the car. I will UPS extra set of BBS somewhere and back and UPS more rear Toyo's if I can't make it on 2 sets of rears. Fronts no issue.

Now, before I ship my car I want to book and register for all events so I can book plane tickets etc. Based on how the events connect or with only a couple days in between (Wine, Napa with wifey I suppose :kiss:) I will decide North or West.

What websites do I need to go on to find all the events? I know nothing onthe West Coast besides PCA and it shows NO DE events in CA in the summer? Wassup with that? :confused:
I will instruct a beginner where possible :-DDD
Extra track time, get to meet more people and save a few $$..

All suggestions welcome, I don't want to end up in a Wild West event with a bunch of crazy's. Safe well organized events...
\
Infinion Racway (Sears Point) July 1-2 Trackmasters HPDE
Thunderhill Hooked On Driving July 14-15 HPDE
Thunderhill GGR PCA HPDE July 16-17
(You could do four consecutive days at Thunderhill!)

Other track events:

Laguna Seca GrandAM/Continental Challenge July 7-9
Laguna Seca Monterey Rolex Historic Car Races August 18-21

bman
06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Only the front springs, not rears?

Just the front....Car felt soooo good before the change. :beatinghead:

bman, I tried hard to fit in NJMP, but it just did not work. Dave Murry has an event there early July

Can't make the David Murry event either but know a few people going. NJMP is fun but you can't go wrong with your lineup.

FTS
06-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Just the front....Car felt soooo good before the change. :beatinghead:

you gotta stop from people experimenting with your car.

TRAKCAR
06-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Preparation for Mancation continues, went by Orbit today to see my car and Izzone dropped off his car and I will load them both up next week.
We met up with GT2 cheater Eddie and Erik and his 4 year old twins, the plan was to discuss ongoing planning of Mancation, but we were too busy ordering beer to bring it up. I see a theme, or a red thread developing there...

My car is getting front air ducts, really slick looking, just 2 2" holes in the front that go straight to the brakes and orbit is working on some naca? ducts under the car that will duct more air from the bottom of the car to the front brakes through the space of the non present AWD. Sounds good to me, you can never have enough brake cooling down south and I really noticed the small ducts on the rear compared to the .1, so why not http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/thumbup.gif

Izzone is just doing some maintenance and getting PFC 2 piece rotors and PFC hat, PFC08 pads and create some downforce by setting more wing and maybe the same CUP LSD as I have.
We are all stocked up on extra sets of rims, tires, brake pads and rotors.

Orbit knows about our 5 event, 10 track days in 2 week plan, so thet will give the cars an extra look over. With such smart planning we should be OK right? Right.

Erik's orange RS with the apropriate 666 decals is there for a new waterpump and whatever else to make it stop puking coolant.

In the background the awesome blue '11 RS getting the RSR conversion, so they will have some leftover RS trash ;-)
The white body is a rear 996 CupR that is gettingcompletely restored.

Sorry about the crappy pics..
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

jenk12m
06-26-2011, 10:40 PM
randy, cant wait to hear how you like the new brake setup. 5 events on the endless pads and they still feel great

FTS
06-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Peter, given your issues with Traqmate, would you like to use my G2X? It is plug and play if you don't care about TPS and/or RPM. You probably have the TPS/RPM wiring already, you can plug those in, and configure the unit too if you'd like. Let me know, and I'll ship it to you.

TRAKCAR
06-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the offer Fatih, it has been working as of late and no time to test or try something new.

if anything I would take one as backup if my Traqmate quits for some reason.
I will try to download data and video every day so I can check..

Thanks,
Peter

bman
06-30-2011, 06:33 AM
Erik's orange RS with the apropriate 666 decals is there for a new waterpump and whatever else to make it stop puking coolant.

What no caliper rebuild? Those puppies looked beat up!

You're probably sick of hearing it but....you're going to love the Glen! I drove it for 3 days last weekend and I am still coming down from the buzz.

TRAKCAR
06-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Erik actually bought 2 used rear calipers yesterday, so they will be nice shiney red again :-)

Looking so forward to The Glen and the other awesome tracks!
Loading the trailer Monday & Tuesday to depart Wednesday for IL.. Almost there..
I'm starting to eat healthier, drink less and sleep more in a misguided last minute effort to build up some stamina hehehe.....

TRAKCAR
07-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Mancation II is getting closer and I am excited http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/thumbup.gif
Loading both cars at Orbit on Tuesday, departing for IL Wednesday...

Who will be at Autobahn in IL Next weekend with NASA? http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

mooty
07-02-2011, 08:10 PM
take LOTS of pic with car in trailer, the sides, the front, in b/n the two cars, tool box, tires. how evertying is strapped down. thx

TRAKCAR
07-02-2011, 08:27 PM
That's my project for Monday. Cars going in last on Tuesday.

jenk12m
07-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Don't try and cram the last minute stamina in now. Just red bull or 5th energy

TRAKCAR
07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I know.. Randy brings 5hour and I bring red bull, we will alternate ;-)

FFaust
07-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys next week :)

TRAKCAR
07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
See you there!

Starting to load the trailer, checked tire pressures, serviced the truck.
Leaving tomorrow AM :D.

Izzone
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Day one, one way to Atlanta for dinner with some track friends

FFaust
07-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Pics of the cars loaded up?

jenk12m
07-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Day 2 sleep in after dinner with track friends in Atlanta

TRAKCAR
07-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes, we slept in a bit :-)
Left Atlanta this morning, visited Goldcrest on our way out to admire their Porsche shop. Great guys.

Rolled into Indianpolis a couple of hours ago and filled up the truck. 929miles on 103 gallons. Not too bad for running around 80MPH loaded to the max...

It was an easy cruise today, the truck went up the mountains surprisingly fast too, Stopped for a nice fish and some lbster tail lunch.

We just went for a nice massage to get the kinks out of my neck and checked into the hotel and are going to get drunk now Gatsby's next door.

Carpe Diem ..

Easy 4 hours or so tomorrow before we hit Autobahn :-)

Pics to follow http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/thumbup.gif

BlkGT3
07-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Sitting in Nashville went 800 miles today. See you all tomorrow afternoon.:hello:

Peter

Izzone
07-08-2011, 02:36 PM
We are sitting in front of the gate. Not allowed in till 4

jenk12m
07-09-2011, 12:20 PM
wow, 103 gallon diesel tank. i need to get a diesel. i wish the F150 came with a diesel like the 250

Izzone
07-09-2011, 03:39 PM
wow, 103 gallon diesel tank. i need to get a diesel. i wish the F150 came with a diesel like the 250

Denali diesel......thats the best of both worlds

or x5 / toureg

TRAKCAR
07-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Nasa is funny, no black flags, but they have an infraction list of violations you get briefed on after every session.

So far I've made it multiple times on each list :-DDD

The rules are confusing for a dummas like me. Passing everywhere, except if a car has no 4 on it then passing only in no braking zones, except for last session that is open passing anywhere without point by for anyone......

Look forward to PCA Monday at Road America..Maybe our RS-es will be less exotic :D

Right now not too worried ->:-8

jenk12m
07-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Just watched the continental race at road America. It looks like am awesome track. Randy get ready to use 6th gear all weekend

bman
07-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Nasa is funny

We're you doing hot pullls? I recall the 1st time I ran with NASA and being surpised by them allowing hot pulls. Turns out they were very helpful :whistle: There were a lot of cars being towed and they never black flagged us. Even during a session where there was a small grass fire. I could feel the heat on my face as I drove past.......we just kept driving.

I enjoy running with our local NASA. Good people, well run and fun.

Keep the updates coming, thanks!

Izzone
07-10-2011, 01:08 PM
((((((This is trakcar posting from izzones ipad.)))))

Things have taken a turn for the worst.
Forgot to turn on traqmate for my fast lap, realized it in lap 3.......

Izzone 1.369 (however still unproven without video)
Trakcar 1.371 (certified with video)

1 session to go before we load up, but cooler temps are history.

TRAKCAR
07-10-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3yZCoK1X0&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3yZCoK1X0&feature=player_embedded)

I ams ure there was a 1:35 to be had, but just no clear laps.
At least faster then Izzone (Barely) so all the stars are alligned again and all is well in the trakcar universe.
Arrived at RA. Looks intimidating :bowdowb: Tons of RS Porsches at this PCA event, so lots to learn tomorrow.
Just checked into the awesome Osthoff hotel and I heard the have a great bar downstairs, so more later.

NickW
07-10-2011, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3yZCoK1X0&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3yZCoK1X0&feature=player_embedded)

I ams ure there was a 1:35 to be had, but just no clear laps.
At least faster then Izzone (Barely) so all the stars are alligned again and all is well in the trakcar universe.
Arrived at RA. Looks intimidating :bowdowb: Tons of RS Porsches at this PCA event, so lots to learn tomorrow.
Just checked into the awesome Osthoff hotel and I heard the have a great bar downstairs, so more later.

FYI Cup cars go 1.30.xx on the South course which is what I assume you drove.

Don't bother with the Ostoff bar, go to Siebkins. Lots of racing history there, just look at the stickers all over the walls!

TRAKCAR
07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Yes, south course
Will go to check out Siebkins tomorrow night. Thanks!!

jenk12m
07-10-2011, 11:24 PM
no cup car, just a 2010 RS with tons of cheater bits all over it

NickW
07-11-2011, 07:47 AM
no cup car, just a 2010 RS with tons of cheater bits all over it

Sorry, my sentence was a bit confusing. I assumed South Course. A good basis for comparison is a well driven Cup car time.

At Road America a lot of time can be gained in the Carousel. FYI, on the front straight, for comparison in my Champion Motorsport GT2 I was pulling 3rd through T14, 4th before the start of the hill, 5th at the Bucyrus bridge, and 6th by the start finish line/flagman. Top speed before the brake zone was over 170 (indicated 172mph). Loads of time can be gained all over- the track is very wide and a proper line can shave off a lot of distance.

Have fun, I would be there if not for my annual summer trip to Colorado!

TRAKCAR
07-11-2011, 06:58 PM
The first 3 sessions were black flagged today.
3 totaled cars and a fire. That;s just in our rungroup!!

Finally got some clean track the last session, ran 2:34's
Corded the Toyo's rear, so had them replaced. Swapped front tires.

Easy a few seconds to be found, but after that it will get though.
Heard a GT3 driver say he does 2:27's. I won't get there in 4 more sessions! This is not the track to be overly brave. Must leave reserves to be able to finish Mancation.
The track is fan tas tic. Sebring with elevation. Difficult to learn, even more difficult to go fast.

The PFC brakes and cooling are great. Hard to tell what does how much, butr I am on my 5th. day and no way R29 pagid feels this good after so much hard braking. I am hoping for 3 more hard track days before I take them out. Very little tapering, maybe none. I think the are now 60-70%!

Going to Siebkins now to tell every one how flatout I will go tomorrow :-)

FTS
07-11-2011, 10:23 PM
A little late, I have been tied up with a lot of work stuff...

The Autobahn track looks very bumpy, and not a lot of fun just shifting between 3rd and 4th every few hundred feet ::-/

How was the weather in RA? That many crashes?!?!?! Not a great start I guess.

The PFC brakes and cooling are great. Hard to tell what does how much, butr I am on my 5th. day and no way R29 pagid feels this good after so much hard braking. I am hoping for 3 more hard track days before I take them out. Very little tapering, maybe none. I think the are now 60-70%!

Any pics of the PFC rotors handy?

FTS
07-11-2011, 10:25 PM
For those that haven't seen it, here is how their two-car enclosed trailer is, awesome setup if you ask me :-DD

http://www.gt2gt3cup.org/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=433

FFaust
07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
For those that haven't seen it, here is how their two-car enclosed trailer is, awesome setup if you ask me :-DD

http://www.gt2gt3cup.org/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=433

Cool thanks, I was waiting for that. Must be quite the sight when those two show up, and out come the Twins.

FTS
07-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Yeah, no kidding; I am not sure they get the positive or negative attention when they unload their two white/red RSes :D

TRAKCAR
07-11-2011, 11:56 PM
LOL, first event not so positive, second event, we're just one of the 8RS there. evrybody sgot'em at PCA events :-)

FTS
07-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah, RSes are over-rated any way :D

TRAKCAR
07-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Just posted 2:30.
A 2:29 was definately in the cards.

Overslowing still, but that was already pretty scetchey. Adrenaline is sky high. Can barely type this hands so shakey.

Maybe 2:28, with more balls.
I'm happy with 2:30, will clean up lines a bit but not going to fight too hard for a 29.

Lost wheel weights car is vibrating like crazy. Going to rebalance now.

PFC are awesome.

FTS
07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
J
Maybe 2:28, with more balls.

Oh c'mon, just steel few from other RS drivers or just grab Randy's for few seconds, that should do it.

jenk12m
07-12-2011, 11:37 PM
looking forward to joining the guys for mid ohio and watkins glen. i'll post pics when im all loaded up and headed north. car is at the shop right now getting prepped, trailer and truck getting serviced for the long haul as well

TRAKCAR
07-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Tired, I try to be coherend
The track is mean and fun. Murder on brakes, full brakes and downshifting when you can not see apex, let alone track out.

I don't over drive too much and am smooth-ish typically, but our last session was about as much as I was willing to risk, probably a bit more. I got pretty squirrely in the kink after the long carousel as I was still taking it in 4th. John told me to take it in 5th. For me this was sloppy bacause I pushed a bit too hard for what knowledge I had of the track. Walls everywhere and the rain and bad wrecks did not help inspire confidence.

I would not have got tone under a 2:31 without John leading the way most of the weekend. He was the fastest RS.
I have more coming where all 8 or so RS are in front of me within a few laps. Damn our cars look cool and sound cool in between the narrow walls and overhanging tree's.

My best lap was the last lap of the day with John all over my ass. We had some different approaches in slow corners and were still learning from each other on the track. We can go faster still, but don't try this at home kids..

Most challenching track I have been to this side if the Ring.
If this was my home track, bad things would happen.

The video looks crappy because both my rear rims are bent. Curbs are nuts here.

Mosport tomorrow, but that is faster with the walls even closer, so no worries.
More to come.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYBmBVdDgM&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYBmBVdDgM&feature=player_embedded)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5RhYll8mjY&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5RhYll8mjY&feature=player_embedded)

FTS
07-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Too funny with the dry erase pens :D No ego at all :-DDD

jenk12m
07-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Funny what happens when beer is involved after a long track weekend

jenk12m
07-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Tired, I try to be coherend
The track is mean and fun. Murder on brakes, full brakes and downshifting when you can not see apex, let alone track out.

I don't over drive too much and am smooth-ish typically, but our last session was about as much as I was willing to risk, probably a bit more. I got pretty squirrely in the kink after the long carousel as I was still taking it in 4th. John told me to take it in 5th. For me this was sloppy bacause I pushed a bit too hard for what knowledge I had of the track. Walls everywhere and the rain and bad wrecks did not help inspire confidence.

I would not have got tone under a 2:31 without John leading the way most of the weekend. He was the fastest RS.
I have more coming where all 8 or so RS are in front of me within a few laps. Damn our cars look cool and sound cool in between the narrow walls and

overhanging tree's.

My best lap was the last lap of the day with John all over my ass. We had some different approaches in slow corners and were still learning from each other on the track. We can go faster still, but don't try this at home kids..

Most challenching track I have been to this side if the Ring.
If this was my home track, bad things would happen.

The video looks crappy because both my rear rims are bent. Curbs are nuts here.

More to come.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYBmBVdDgM&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYBmBVdDgM&feature=player_embedded)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5RhYll8mjY&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5RhYll8mjY&feature=player_embedded)

Nice driving as always and glad to see they allow windows up with turn signals as the way to pass. I wish other clubs would do that:beatinghead:

bman
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Most challenching track I have been to this side if the Ring/

RA and Mosport are the only tracks I haven't driven on your trip and both high on my list to drive. Anxious to hear about Mosport in comparison to RA. From what I've heard Mosport has the higher pucker factor and is just nuts. Enjoy and be safe!

FFaust
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Also anxious to hear about Mosport from our two protagonists. We know it's good, but tend to take it for granted.

It is fast, and not hard on tires or brakes. Turns 2 and 4 have a bit of a pucker factor, but are fine with the right line. "Trust the force Luke" ;)

Too late now, but you guys should have gotten all RL'ters to autograph your cars along the way.

NickW
07-13-2011, 04:41 PM
To give you an idea how hard Road America is on brakes and tires, my tire pressure gain is over 14psi from cold in a 25 minute session. I am very sure it will only go up the longer I'm out there.

TRAKCAR
07-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Too funny with the dry erase pens :D No ego at all :-DDD

Yes, except no dry eraser pen, but a real stay on forever sharpie
:-8

TRAKCAR
07-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Too late now, but you guys should have gotten all RL'ters to autograph your cars along the way.

I left my sharpie out on the ducktail tonight....
Arrived at Mosport. Border crossing was a breeze, it must be my ideal son in law honest face :-)
Drove hard today, the Dodge got a workout. No tickets but MPG fell like a brick and I think we got airborn a few times on the fantastic MI roads.
The drivers go slow around here. I don'y mean onthe track. No point by's either ;-) Lots of weaving through traffic and bullying to get here on time.

Tomorrow Mosport.
10 corners, easy on brakes..You'd think how hard can it be until you show up and a bike rider lost his life today on track. Sobering. RIP.

Dropped the trailer, unloaded the cars and we look forward to learn the new track first thing in the morning, probably not so bright and not so early as we just found the "a stones throw" pub down the road from the HI Express :-8

More tomorrow.

jenk12m
07-13-2011, 09:32 PM
How long was the drive from RA to Mosport. Be careful tomorrow

TRAKCAR
07-13-2011, 09:46 PM
9 hours.. Just doable if you lean on the wake the dead airhorn often enough..:-)

FTS
07-13-2011, 10:14 PM
How are YOU guys holding up?

TRAKCAR
07-14-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm driving the truck and posting anyways

Randy is right the canadians are right......eh

Just left the track. Still hung over, but even higher on aderiline.

Many many thanks to Paul, Francois and teh other folks we met.

There is no way I could have posted a 1:33.9 without Francois taking me out for a session first thing. He is a seriously good driver and super smooth. I am a horrible passenger and the track scared the living shit out of me.

Also many thanks to Paul for stopping by to explain the track to us. The track was initially intimidating, but fairly easy to learn. It takes a lot of bravery and delicate car control. I think I could have done a better lap time if I would have had more than 5 clean laps thanks to three super slow cars I lapped every other lap.

There were a few other GT3RS and a GTR that were equally fast and I chased them around the track for a session as well, tons of fun.

Jodi actually called and actually showed up, being that our memories were a bit foggy we were a bt worried. She turned out to be as cool as we remembered at the bar last night.......just like Paul, Francois and other guys she signed my car as well.

Randy talked her into going for a ride with him. She was very impressed came out of the car shaky, but like a good canadian girl stayed and had a beer with us while we changed our corded tires

All in all another fantastic day for Randy and me on Manication

On our way to Mid Ohio, whatever course we get to drive, we will figure out. At least we wont be hungover since we will not be in the hotel until midnight....and need to be at teh track bright and early.

FLATOUT videos to follow

FFaust
07-14-2011, 09:13 PM
So happy to have been part of this, what a great day.

Mancation describes it perfectly: Drive, unpack, track, pack, drive, repeat. This is serious business.

Randy took me out in the RS for a few laps. I knew the car was good, but I had no idea how good.

These guys are the real deal!

jenk12m
07-14-2011, 09:47 PM
im here waiting to join the latter part of the mancation in mid ohio.

randy what time did you get down to at mosport?

jenk12m
07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
faith did you get my pm?

Izzone
07-14-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssZ_bZOcXEA&feature=player_embedded

Izzone
07-14-2011, 10:25 PM
1:35

Here is me chasing FFAUST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssZ_bZOcXEA&feature=player_embedded

TRAKCAR
07-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Flatout on Mancation.
I have another film of a bunch of GT3RS leading the way earlier in the day, all of us running 1:34's in traffic.

I FINALLY got a clan lap. These my last laps of the day, finally cracking 1:34.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UROX-8a2Pc
Just got to Mid Ohio. Dodge got mega workout.
Tired. Sleep now

FFaust
07-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Flatout on Mancation.
I have another film of a bunch of GT3RS leading the way earlier in the day, all of us running 1:34's in traffic.

I FINALLY got a clan lap. These my last laps of the day, finally cracking 1:34.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UROX-8a2Pc
Just got to Mid Ohio. Dodge got mega workout.
Tired. Sleep now
Great driving Pete, and very good line.

We can see where you turned off the AC in prep for the fast lap at 5:48 :D

jenk12m
07-15-2011, 09:27 PM
trying to load pics and video but im tired. last session was best of the day and finally started getting into a rhythm whenever there wasnt traffic

FTS
07-16-2011, 05:45 AM
faith did you get my pm?

I did, I am at Summit, havent had the chance, sorry buddy, I'll do tonight.

Done, it is a very nice picture btw :-DD

jenk12m
07-18-2011, 12:56 AM
thanks faith, had fun at mid-ohio and now we are here at the GLEN. cant wait to get on track. need to go to sleep

bman
07-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Mosport video was great thanks! I love that the end of the main straight is a 4th gear sweeper.

Sorry to hear about the traffic at Mid Ohio. I can understand how that would make it tough to appreciate it. It's all about enjoying the flow on that track.

Looking forward to hearing about and watching vid from the Glen.

jenk12m
07-21-2011, 12:17 PM
ok im leaving it up for debate on what my time would've been had i not caught this car in the final two corners. this was my fastest lap at the glen- 2:13.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbYffipcQEk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FTS
07-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Niiiice driving! I am not familiar with the Glen, but that looked like a great lap. I think you would have been just under 2:10s, slightly better than Peter :D

Turbo and GT2 guys seem to love that track; don't ask Bman for his lap times ;)

jenk12m
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
thanks faith, dont tell peter that. he will try and go back this weekend just to make sure he is a few seconds faster than us. haha here are some pics from mid ohio and the glen

1st if anyone says its tradition to stay at the seneca lodge in a wooden tint with no a/c, i say forget tradition and stay at the harbor hotel
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6311/dsc0241am.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2066/dsc0239kz.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4923/dsc0238yw.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5485/dsc0224yw.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7435/dsc0217ry.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8227/dsc0218ny.jpg

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1057/20110718wgired0520.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1289/20110719wgired1182.jpg

mooty
07-21-2011, 08:45 PM
u guys are having too much fun.
those little cabins look nice.
reter, you need to spend some money and get some real car number on the car lol

jenk12m
07-21-2011, 10:23 PM
those cabins look nice until you try and sleep in one and your hot and smacking yourself trying to fend off the mosquitos. haha

bman
07-22-2011, 08:31 AM
what my time would've been had i not caught this car in the final two corners.

I agree, looked like something in the 2:10's.....possibly high 2:09 if we were in a bar debating it :-8

don't ask Bman for his lap times ;)

:whistle: ......you'll say I am bragging and others will say "if I had a GT2 I could do better than that". It's a no win!

Heading back next weekend....

stay at the harbor hotel

The antithesis of S Lodge!

FTS
07-22-2011, 09:21 AM
On the sixth picture it looks like Reter is holding up the entire field, what's up with that? :D

Bman, of course, it is all about the car. And you know, if you cannot post the times, then it is "the car can but he does not know how to drive..." :-DDD

TRAKCAR
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Holding up entire DE group, while Randy blocks them, anoying the living daylights out of all them so I could get one clean lap in LOL!!

Flatout:
Mid Ohio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRguJFCrNY

The Glen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IUJwTN9UqM

BlkGT3
07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Going to Mid O with NASA when NASA Nationals is going to be held their in Sept is/was a recipe for major traffic:beatinghead: I imagine it made the traffic at Autobahn with NASA seem tame:p That is 1 of the reasons, besides time, $$$, and the ability of my liver to keep up with Randy and Peter,:-8 I only did Autobahn and RA.

Peter

FTS
07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
So, how did the rotors and pads hold up to the abuse???

TRAKCAR
07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Rotors look great, they have many little cracks, but that is to be expected with 10 track days.
I hope to get 30-40 days out of the opposed to the 15-20 OEM fronts.

The PFC08 pads are fantastic, I found my new pad. No bedding and they feel so good right up to the 8th day with only 2mm left of material. Actually they felt so good, we forgot to look!!

Amazingly when we changed them the new pads felt identival to the ones just removed.
So 2 more usable days compared to Pagid R29, less tapering, not enough to even bother to flip them.

The rears last 2x as long as the pagids, the pagids where done after 6 days, just like the fronts, but not so with the PFC08, so there are savings to be had as well.

And I even drive most days with TC and SC on while figuring out new high speed trick tracks, wich I have never done with pagids...

TRAKCAR
08-13-2011, 01:49 PM
All cleaned up http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/bigok.gif

Still need to pick up new CL and black seat belts and door pulls at Champion and the gold CL caps at Orbit.

I love the gold / silver. Looks very clean.

The yellow lights and black speedster fender protection were Pepi's idea. I am not sure but did not dislike them anought to ask him to take it of right there http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/images/smilies/wink.gif

If I can learn to like the black Speedster fender protection it would help a lot with tire marks there, just an extra protection layer on top of the extended fender guards and the a second layer of clear wrap.
The yellow light I like, wifey hate http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/nono.gif

I'm thinking doing the 2 head lights also, but I wonder if I want to drive in yellow light?

The Xpel film looks unbelievably smooth, you'd never think the car was wrapped. Super thick layer of automotive paint type finish, self healing top coast and 7! years warranty, including install. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/bowdown.gif
The fit of the pieces is very nice.

Everyone told me that Pepi from Supershield is the best and I have to agree. Wendy and Pepi sent me this yesterday, so you can put the faces with the names:
http://app.talkfusion.com/fusion2/vi...k5NQ==_8193257 (http://app.talkfusion.com/fusion2/view.asp?MTIxOTk5NQ==_8193257)
They have a new website too: http://carchatwithautosupershield.com/ (http://carchatwithautosupershield.com/)

The next featured video is supposed to be mine where they show the Vinyl removal and stuff I think... Imma be famous.

I ordered all the Premier and Xpel products to clean and protect the film. I will report to see what works the best and how the ingredients compare.

Pepi took good pictures with his camera, here are my shxtty pics from my Blackberry.

FFaust
08-13-2011, 01:59 PM
I like it.

jenk12m
08-16-2011, 02:21 AM
So the mirrors and wing tips are silver? I will look awesome on the track with the BBS wheels. Now you can't blame Randy for anything that happens on the track. You guys obviously aren't twins anymore

TRAKCAR
08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi Mike, how is it going?

Not silver, gold, I traded my red wheels / mirrors / tip with this car: http://www.orbitracing.com/video-gallery, because the wheels will be different and the tips, mirrors where going to get painted anyway.

bman
08-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Looks awesome! And I like the black speedster. It really seems to balance the contrast of the front splitter and complements the gold accents perfectly while not being too busy/distracting. :-DD

TRAKCAR
08-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks! Not sure myself, but it does help with the black tire marks!!