PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find a 4.0 Allocation

Trackrat
05-06-2011, 06:44 PM
My usual dealer who has treated me very well over the years doesn't seem to be able to confirm 4.0 allocation leaving me scrambling.

Sooo- The first delaer offering a GM signed Buyers Order at MSRP (no trade) gets a sold car. No BS, easy and done.

Above MSRP sale not even considered, please don't waste both our time.

Help out a Trackrat!

Please PM or email me contact info.

:pals:

:-8

CWS
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
+1 Pete. In the same boat. The dealer that had me #1 one in line just snaked me so I'm on the hunt as well.

landjet
05-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Congrats guys for being in the position to just throw down when you want to.

mooty
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
this is ridiculous. trakrat should be able to get this car. he uses it not stores it. somehow i just feel this is all wrong. where did all the allocation go? over msrp? ppl plan to flip them? i do not have one either.

TRAKCAR
05-07-2011, 12:25 AM
It is always tight when they are announced no? Then it loosens up and then they show up "used with 20 miles on the clock. No problem if they would not be speced to idiotic...

Although I think this time it will be really different. Not enough cars.
I will keep my RS for a long time, but I'd get the 4.0 if I could.

adam
05-07-2011, 12:15 PM
It is always tight when they are announced no? Then it loosens up and then they show up "used with 20 miles on the clock. No problem if they would not be speced to idiotic...

Although I think this time it will be really different. Not enough cars.
I will keep my RS for a long time, but I'd get the 4.0 if I could.

I agree -- it's the first week and the usual "speculative" (aka gouging) attempts will unfold first. Maybe some suckers will pay up. Once they're out of the way, it's a matter of locating the unsold allocations.

Between the rat, myself, mooty and perhaps others, I think we need to locate at least three cars ...

Surely every Porsche dealer in the USA will be visited by at least one person from this forum site, Rennlist, TS or 6spd. Now we just need to make sure everyone is aware of the opportunity to circumvent the gouging. Here's hoping.

stujelly
05-07-2011, 12:39 PM
My dealer told me that there was approximately 126, coming to the US. With +/- 228 Porsche dealers it will be difficult to find MSRP. The bummer is you can not get the clubsport package.

Bummer

TRAKCAR
05-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm going to Champion on Monday for a new Catalic converter, so I will ask.

mooty
05-07-2011, 11:51 PM
^ why do you have cat.
without cat you gain REAL 15 hp at the wheel.

mooty
05-07-2011, 11:54 PM
well, i have to say that at least ONE dealaer in nor cal is bad.

TRAKCAR
05-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Lets start a good guys list and a shit list!
Ineed my car OEM till March 31st 2014. after that all comes off.

ATL Fahrer
05-08-2011, 05:50 AM
Lets start a good guys list and a shit list!

:pals:

If folks are "afraid" to post the bad guys, how about a good guys list?

mooty
05-08-2011, 05:23 PM
^ i am not afraid, are you kidding me.
carlsen porsche in redwood city, CA. do NOT do business with them.