PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to trade their RED RS wheels for my brand new SILVER RS wheels?

GYMGUY
05-10-2011, 11:39 PM
I finally found a car I am going to buy, the problem is that the color is pretty normal without the red wheels. The silver wheels on it are brand new. If anyone wants to trade for a brand new set shoot me a PM and I will forward you my cell. I could probably arrange for the shipping truck to stop and switch the wheels at any local dealer depending on location, so no shipping headaches.
Thanks,
Chris

FTS
05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Congrats Chris, long time coming ;)

Cheers,

GT3Racerich
05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
What color did you end up going for?
Rich

GYMGUY
05-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Ok, so apparently I'm crazy, but I was talking to Beverly Hills Porsche yesterday and they agreed to a 10% discount and today when I went to close the deal they changed it to $7500 on a $152k car. It is the GT Silver. The sales guy said he was talking about a 10% holdback. I know what was discussed and am upset terms changed and am really not sure what I am going to do now.

mooty
05-11-2011, 09:26 PM
tell him to go jerk himself.
what is 10% holdback? selling chevy?
as of 4 months ago, i could have bought another low option RS for 10k off (msrp 139). so now, you for sure can get 10% off. 4.0L is out. 3.8L is passe. and they have been sitting on the lot for a long time now. just cancel the deal.

FTS
05-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Ouch! that's a big misunderstanding. I cannot really advise you as you had the discussions, but to me trust is the most important part of any transaction. I think your patience will be rewarded though :)

a430v
05-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Haven't heard good things about BH Porsche...sorry about your experience.

24Chromium
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
BHP is where I bought Gisele. I'm curious as to whom your sales person is.

stujelly
05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
The so cal dealers are very erogant. I had some bumps along the road in orange county too.

I guess your experience is only as good as the sales person or sales manager.

Good luck

jenk12m
05-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow sorry to hear that. I know you have been looking for a while now

GYMGUY
05-12-2011, 07:21 AM
tell him to go jerk himself.
what is 10% holdback? selling chevy?
as of 4 months ago, i could have bought another low option RS for 10k off (msrp 139). so now, you for sure can get 10% off. 4.0L is out. 3.8L is passe. and they have been sitting on the lot for a long time now. just cancel the deal.
I completely agree. He absolutely said 10%. I thought it was a fair deal, but not great. He said that when he said 10% he meant holdback, but he may have miss spoke and said discount and for that he would give me 7500 off. This has definitely been a tough process. I really thought the GT silver would be cool, but I explained to the sales guy that it was only around 4% discount and they also refused to pay for shipping, which was OK at 10% off. Oh well, I will think about it. Has anyone had a positive buying experience and if so what dealer? Maybe used is the way to go.

TRAKCAR
05-12-2011, 07:31 AM
GT silver very cool, I have seen pics of it before, I think it had red decals?

They have your number, walk away...
Did you talk to Dean King at Reeves? He has a used white one MSRP 158K with 80 miles on it.

GT3Racerich
05-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Sorry to here it.
I have to agree with Mooty.
Good luck, what ever you decide.
Rich

Just saw a GT Silver car on Ebay in CT. It has red wheels.
I think it looks pretty hot.

GYMGUY
05-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks, have a call into dealer already. Hopefully they will work something out.

Sorry to here it.

I have to agree with Mooty.
Good luck, what ever you decide.
Rich

Just saw a GT Silver car on Ebay in CT. It has red wheels.
I think it looks pretty hot.

PJS
05-13-2011, 09:43 PM
There is a silver with red at miller motorcars in conn.

$159 ask

mooty
05-13-2011, 10:49 PM
u know what, the economy still sucks.
we will enter double dip maybe soon.
100K+ cars wont be flying off the floors.
the white car at carlsen for example has been there over 12 months.
various cars at bev hills are over 10 months.
just play with them. call them every day and play...
i had my home loan dropped 2% and equityline increased a LOT by calling them EVERYDAY until the entire call center recongnize my voice. i am a banker, i know how banks work....
dealers play you. you can play them right back.
i am fk'g tired of this shit.
i think i am going to call dealers and offer them 20k over and when car shows up.... haha. mooty disappears. ok, i am off calling now.

the car you mentioned in my area had my ass on it many times... so beware the damage i left...
hum.. i may go tomorrow to do more hidden damage. yes, mooty is a very spiteful person now.

mooty
05-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Ouch! that's a big misunderstanding. I cannot really advise you as you had the discussions, but to me trust is the most important part of any transaction. I think your patience will be rewarded though :)

you havent' boght enough cars.
it's NOT an misunderstanding.
it's a game.
once you are there, he's on top.
most car sales move from one place to another.
in negotiation, we go these one shot deals. they fk you and they leave.
in multi phase negotiation, then different.
this is NOT a misunderstanding. you been played.

FTS
05-13-2011, 11:53 PM
I was trying to be less blunt than you Mooty ;)

But, you are right, I haven't bought many cars, especially Porsches. But these dealers are making it a little too easy to spot dishonesty. Games are alright, I don't mind dancing either, but when someone treats me as if I am the dumbest that walked in, I do have an issue.

When I was looking for my GT3, I probably called nearly every single dealer in the US, and we danced with many. At the end, the one that treated me the fairest and respectful won. Still happy with the deal I made.

I just hope things work out for GYMGUY, patience is rewarded and he does not need to reward dishonest people IMHO.

GYMGUY
05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys for all the help and advice. I will find one eventually. I was really hoping for a unique color. I wonder if anyone knows the guys that bought the PTS guards red RS's. Someone has got to want to sell their PTS car!

mooty
05-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys for all the help and advice. I will find one eventually. I was really hoping for a unique color. I wonder if anyone knows the guys that bought the PTS guards red RS's. Someone has got to want to sell their PTS car!

my friend with red RS isn't sellig.

TRAKCAR
05-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I could trade my wheels for silver!
I'd get the much nicer clean 4.0 look.

No decals (or just the side but saying 3.8 instead of 4.0), no painted rear wing, just the 4.0 colored mirrors (or white), 4.0 silver (or white) painted end wing plates and repaint mouth 4.0 silver (or white) and clear wrap it.

Love the 4.0 look, much better then the 3.8, kinda like the white / gold 3.8RS.