PDA

View Full Version : Video from Mid Ohio Potomac PCA 5-8-11

bman
05-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Here's a few laps from Sunday at Mid Ohio. I took a friend out for some fun; clips ends when we start a cool down lap. Potomac has some very good drivers including the white GT2 & TT and the black '10 GT3 (former Nascar driver). I was pleased to chase down the GT3, considering I had a passenger, but more pleased with keeping the white cars in sight; it's not easy!;)

Mid Ohio is a "playground" and will have you smiling the whole time :D. It was only my 2nd time there and 4th event in the GT2, so I whimped out and left PSM/TC ON.

There's some good sideways driving that I hope you'll enjoy!

TRAKCAR
05-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Looks like a fantastic track.
I am trying to make it in July.

Video/sound sync is off, so that threw me off a little ;-)

bman
05-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Looks like a fantastic track.
I am trying to make it in July.

Video/sound sync is off, so that threw me off a little ;-)

You won't regret it! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the audio sync. I think it's the video editor I am using because the native file does have the problem.

CWS
05-11-2011, 09:25 AM
No wonder people like Mid Ohio so much. Looks like a great track.

SH || NC
05-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Fun looking track; kinda reminds me of VIR; green, woodsy, with some elevation.

What's with the shaking ~2.35. Who is the Black GT3 driver?

bman
05-11-2011, 02:45 PM
What's with the shaking ~2.35.

Who is the Black GT3 driver?

Had a wheel out of balance......either dropped some weight or it moved on the rim.

He's a Potomac PCA member. He tried his hand at NASCAR, not sure what he ran in, for a few years but never made the big time.

FTS
05-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I wish I could have been there with you Brian, next time hopefully (I keep saying that LOL). It seems like a very technical track. Did you have the Hohos or R888s on?

Also, I cannot tell if the PSM was interfering, looks smooth to me, any issues leaving them on?

bman
05-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Did you have the Hohos or R888s on?

any issues leaving them on?

Ho's :) But even Ho's slide around A LOT on that track.

Yes! Too much actually and it was slowing me down. I wanted to turn it off but we were running fast and tight......you can see in the video how some good drivers were close to losing it.

FTS
05-12-2011, 09:08 AM
I noticed your hands working the steering wheel a lot more than usual. You are generally much more steady with your hands.

Who was it with the silver 997.1 GT3, I don't think I recognize that driver?

bman
05-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I noticed your hands working the steering wheel a lot more than usual. You are generally much more steady with your hands.

Who was it with the silver 997.1 GT3, I don't think I recognize that driver?

Yeah,it's a constant battle of understeer and oversteer which makes it so much fun.

I am not sure....there were a lot of GTs, so you should have been there promoting the forum!;) A couple of .1 silver, a green .1 RS, three or four 6 GT3, two or three .1 white GT3s, a 997 GT2, a red 996 GT2, a black/red .2 GT3RS, and a black .2 GT3 you see in the video.

jenk12m
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Looks like no rest for the weary out there, but I can't wait till I get a chance to drive it. I wanted to go when Chin comes up there but they do there event on a Monday, Tuesday

NickW
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Mid Ohio is a blast. My favorite track in the Midwest. We race there every year in the WKA National Road Race Series, and if you think driving it in a car is a hoot, you should try it in a laydown kart!