PDA

View Full Version : Buttonwillow Video

24Chromium
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/LarsGT3#p/a/u/0/XMmNax5_ZVM

A few of us spent the three day Memorial Day weekend at the PCA/GGR event at Buttonwillow. It was a humbling weekend for me. I hadn't been there in 6 or 7 years. The track is very bumpy and I found that sapped my confidence. Of course, it didn't help starting the weekend with champagne for brake fluid! I sacrificed my last session of day one to bleed the brakes and get some confidence back. Happily, I did go faster all throughout the weekend, but never managed the speed of my buddies. This video shows my personal best on lap one, when I'm chasing ArcticGT3's pumpkin.

FTS
05-31-2011, 10:16 PM
BW looks like a open, fast and fun track from the vid; I never been there. It looked like you really did not have much confidence on the brakes, and when you missed one of the apexes, you gave up chasing Arctic; smooth, good and cautious driving if you ask me.

mooty
05-31-2011, 11:39 PM
button is open, but certain turns, you dont want to go off.
i think two cars managed to find walls.

1/2 of BW is tight, like infineon
the other 1/2 is high speed like thunderhill.

when i say high speed, i never exceeded 130mph anywhere. west coast tracks are not as fast as east coast.

FTS
05-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Neighbors' grass is always greener I guess ;) What I like about our tracks is I believe the bumpiest track we have is Summit Point, not counting Sebring of course, and SP is not so bad either. I am not sure how Road America is, or few other tracks down south, but NE, all tracks are in very good shape. But I am sure someone will correct and remind me of some track that forgot :)