PDA

View Full Version : 24 Heures du Le Mans

FTS
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
24 Hours of Le Mans is here finally, one of those races I wait for all year. I try to watch as many hours as I can provided I do not agitate my wife or son.

This years is going to be even more competitive that previous ones I think. The Audi and Peugeot are very close again in testing, only about 0.15 secs apart with Audis topping the first two spots right now.

The competition in LMP2 is superb with so many different teams and superb cars, they are about 15-20 secs/lap off LMP1 cars.

This year the GT class is divided into two as LM GTE PRO (professional drivers) and AM (amateur or gentlemen drivers), but otherwise the cars are the same.

Currently F458 is topping the testing time charts with Corvettes and BMWs next. Porsches have their work cut out, although there are 5 Porsche teams and 8 911 GT3 RSRs in the entry list, it is going to be a fun race to watch this year. I am not sure if there are any issues with Flying Lizard team as I haven't seen them post their times yet. Big buzz is their livery apparently, which is just fantastic.

GT3Racerich
06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
On my "To Do" list. In the next few years.
Rich