PDA

View Full Version : What A Racing Weekend, wow! - SPOILERS

FTS
06-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I have been watching Le Mans, I don't know for how many hours, the action was really intense, I was pretty much glued to the screen. However, the GT-Pro and Am coverage was disappointing IMO, I suspect due to French TV and only French teams being in LMP classes. I was hoping for more Flying Lizard coverage, but there was almost none. The Corvette team's coverage wasn't too bad though at least from Speed.

Then comes the F1 Montreal races. Usual start issues, then heavy rain, than the most exciting race I can remember, loved the result too, it was just fantastic.

:-8 to all racers.

jenk12m
06-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Couldn't ask for a better weekend to be in the front of the tv, only thing I would change is letting fox cover an F1 race

FTS
06-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Rockenfeller crash was as bad, if not worse, than McNish. Very scary even to watch, but here it is:

MMxRvEQnzaI

Dell
06-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Agreed. Amazing racing all weekend. I still don't understand why Speed feels the need to run a few races a year on Fox. Starting the coverage with the race already started, no pre-race, no post-race interview, no podium, nada! I don't necessarily mind the need for them to thoroughly explain to the causal observer what the rules are, the various acronyms, etc.. And the commercials. Needless to say I will be watching the replay on Tuesday when Speed airs it.

bman
06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Needless to say I will be watching the replay on Tuesday when Speed airs it.

Me too because I didn't know Fox was broadcasting yesterday :confused: I was disappointed when I looked through my DVR and it didn't record.

FTS
06-13-2011, 10:14 AM
I have mixed emotions about the GTE - Pro vs. GTE - AM classes; what do you all think?

bman
06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I have mixed emotions about the GTE - Pro vs. GTE - AM classes; what do you all think?

It didnt' seem safe with some of the AM drivers.

FTS
06-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I tended to agree until a PRO driver ran into an AM driver taking him on the last hour though. So, mistakes were made on both side, and all of them seemingly avoidable ones; although the Audi crashes were truly horrific IMO.