PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Trofeos

beez
12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
The last event of the season is this weekend, and it looks like the end of another set of Nitto NT01s. I've used several sets of the Nittos for the last three seasons - I like them - good wear, pretty sticky, they don't seem to heat-cycle out like many other tires - I find they're at their best right before they cord... and they're a great price... but I'm always up for something new, and I may have actually found a source for the Trofeos.

So, has anybody used these tires, and if so, what's the good, the bad, and the ugly?

BlkGT3
12-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Don't have any personal feedback but internet chatter :beatinghead: has them being sticky and wearing out relatively fast, like Hoosier R6 fast, good in the wet. If you try them give us your impression's as i find it hard to beat the NT01 for value.

Peter

mdrums
12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Too Bad there are not NT01's sized correctly for 997 cars.

997 Cars need the rear tire to be a larger overall diameter, unlike the 996 car which uses a smaller over all rear diameter.

I just switch from Toyo R888 to Micheline Sport Cups...next I will try out the Trofeo.

FTS
12-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Beginning of the 2011 season I was considering Trofeo's, but the reports coming back was that they were wearing a little too fast for my budget, 1 or 2 weekends at most, so I went with R888s. So, obviously this just heresay, but I thought I throw it out here.