PDA

View Full Version : GT Register Track Day

FTS
03-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Fellow Members:

We are in the process of putting together a special track day (or maybe two) for our members, and we need your input please.

This track day will only be for GT and Cup Cars and their drivers/owners, no other cars will be allowed to keep the on/off-track activities as relevant as possible. Also, only drivers that are part of the PCA National instructor corps, and drivers within the Red and Black group of drivers as defined by the PCA, and drivers that have multi-event experience under "extended passing" rules.

We will limit the event to between 20 to 30 drivers only to allow the most amount of track time possible. We will have between 2 to 3 professional race drivers and/or coaches on track to provide data and video analysis and group-level coaching, tips and tricks.

We also have one to two classroom sessions in which Mike Levitas of TPC Racing will provide the latest developments in electronics technology, general car setup and suspension setup techniques specific to the current and future GT and Cup cars. Additionally, based on the latest extensive testing Mike has performed on track, he will provide us with crucial tire setup and usage tips for the Hoosier for current future compounds.

The event will be held late 2013 summer at the Virginia International Raceway (http://www.virclub.com/).

Please provide your input as to your desire to attend this event and any other comments you wish to make in this tread. Based on your responses we will put the details into the event appropriately to make sure you will not be disappointed with it. We will make more of the details available as we move forward with our planning.

Thank you,

FTS
03-10-2013, 03:45 PM
I will attend the GT/Cup Track Day:

1- Fatih
2-
3-

GT THRE
03-11-2013, 05:53 AM
I will need to know the proposed dates, as I have a full DE schedule this year.

FTS
03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I am going to get to the dates within the next couple of weeks hopefully. It would be great to see you there.

GT3DE
03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
I am up for this - depending on date as I have a pretty full DE schedule already this year. Also, what are the rules of the event? Is this like a typical PCA event with lots of rules? Or will this be more like a David Murry event with open track all day and passing everywhere with a point-by?

FTS
03-16-2013, 10:14 PM
it will be much more similar to David Murry event ;)