PDA

View Full Version : Zone 2 VIR

FTS
03-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Woww, what a weekend it has been. Great in many ways, but also few unpleasantries. There were ~200 cars, lots of GTs (about 32-35), some very fast drivers and weather was perfect.

The black run group was over-crowded, but red group was ideal, dominated by the GTs. I had two students, so Friday and most of Saturday I was just rushing from car to car, and I wasn't driving too well, but I got the chance to get more acclimated with the car. I also gave two classes on data analysis on Friday and Saturday to the Boxster and Cayman Register drivers, so my schedule the first two days was busy to say the least. After lunch on Saturday I started to relax as my second student was really good and I moved her up to the white group and she started solo'ing.

The car? just perfection, and you all would know, it is not an exaggeration. Especially on Sunday, I had so much fun, trying different things, picking up speed and just hanging on to the car as best as I could. I just could not keep up with the big boys, like Ryan, Fritz or Brian, but I did alright within my own rights :)

There is no question, the car is so much better with SC off, but I left TC on; my rear brakes look alright, no unusual wear that I can from the outside. Also, TPMS did not interfere with anything, only the dash light staying on was a annoying, but that's it.

I'll post some videos later on, few pics are here: http://www.gt2gt3cup.org/album.php?albumid=12

The drive home was not fun either, getting home at 9:30 pm after leaving early at 3:30 pm, skipping the last session. I could have stayed for the last session, left at 5:30 and probably could have still made it by 10 :( Traffic on I95 was backed up for miles.

Cheers,

FTS
03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Here is a short couple of laps:

mooty
03-21-2011, 09:59 PM
fun...
we are still drenched in rain...

FTS
03-21-2011, 10:54 PM
:(

We will be at Summit Point this coming weekend, and forecast just stated possibility for snow on Sunday, argghhhh!! Friday is supposed to be good, chilly, but good, so I will make the most of it at that time.

bman
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Great weekend! Incredible weather and well run event. FTS was everywhere....teaching, instructing, driving, socializing.....

Second event in the GT2 for me and I'm starting to feel comfortable with the 911 design. The braking is just incredible and the overal performance, for a street car, is phenomenal!

Friday is supposed to be good, chilly, but good, so I will make the most of it at that time.

So what's this hazing I am hearing is being planned for Friday? You getting some revenge on the GT2 drivers ::-/

FTS
03-22-2011, 06:55 PM
LOLOL, have you seen the Friday schedule? :)

We'll have 5 30-min sessions on track with handful of cars while you are having 75- and 60-min classes :D.

I am sorry I cannot help myself, you know what I was doing last year... Sitting in those classes. Next year we'll enjoy the schedule together, beers, martinis, and malts on me ;)

930man
04-07-2011, 09:27 AM
I wish I were there Head gasket Leak!!!!

FTS
04-07-2011, 01:41 PM
You really missed a great event, especially in the Red group. Red was darn fast, I had a lot to learn and could not keep up with several of the drivers, but it was still a lot of fun. I know you would have enjoyed getting pointed by in that Special E36 :D

You are also going to miss out on FSR :( I hope you'll make the Baltimore Grand Prix with us though, that is going to be a very special event ;)

930man
04-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Here is a short couple of laps:

Your leaving some time on the track!

FTS
04-07-2011, 09:19 PM
No doubt, no doubt. I am just getting used to the car. Previous event I was doing mostly 15s and 16s, this event started the same way, so Saturday night I sat in the hotel room and went over my data. I picked 5 sectors that I thought I can do better and next morning I was able to execute properly and dropped my times. However, I still have a lot of room to grow of course.

That is why I was asking if you were going to be at the FSR event to see if I can get pointers from you. When you have the time, if you don't mind, I'd love to hear your comments.

Thank you Matt.