PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG

PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG (http://gt2gt3cup.org/index.php)
-   AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions (http://gt2gt3cup.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Mancation II Drive North, or ship car to CA? (http://gt2gt3cup.org/showthread.php?t=187)

Trackrat 05-22-2011 10:50 AM

Re: Mancation II Drive North, or ship car to CA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenk12m (Post 1980)
you guys are going to be walking zombies by watkins glen

no point by's and just rude...lmao

:ROFL!: Funny!

Two-thumbs up for living life to the fullest. What a great plan to drive yourselves silly and hang out with like-minded maniacs. You are making memories that 99.9% of people can only fantasize about :-8

jenk12m 05-22-2011 11:24 AM

Yea this is something I wish I could make the entire trip. Can't wait till the macationIII in Cali next year

TRAKCAR 05-22-2011 01:09 PM

Mancation III East VS West on home turf...

TRAKCAR 05-24-2011 06:57 AM

Updated info:
Autobahn Country Club NASA registration open now
July 7 Leave 9AM arrive some hotel +/- 9PM July 8th from hotel to Autobahn
9+10 track

Road America PCA registration June 6th.
July 10 leave Autobahn arrive Ostoff hotel 4 hours later.
11+12 track

Mosport Private track day, e-mail me for details.
July 12 drive a few hours find hotel leave early 13th. arrive Mosport hotel late
14 track

Mid Ohio NASA registration open.
July 14 1 leave Mosport arrive Hotel Mid Ohio 8!! Hours later. Need to haul ass and maybe drive a bit the 15th.
15-16-17 track

Watkins Glen Audi club, registration open
July 17 leave Mid Ohio arrive Hotel Watkins Glen 7!! Hours later. Need to haul ass again.
18+19 track

bman 05-24-2011 08:55 AM

WOW! New title "Real Manication II"

I can't find one stop on the tour that I can attend :beatinghead:

jenk12m 05-24-2011 11:49 PM

Bman there is always a way

FTS 05-25-2011 07:49 PM

That is hard to believe Brian; don't make this one at the last minute like VIR. Although I am thrown between the Pirelli UTCC time trials vs. this one in July, but meeting these nuts somehow seems much more attractive, especially after they are drugged. :D

TRAKCAR 05-25-2011 08:34 PM

Let's just say we are likely a create a story per stop, some intended, some are just forced upon us :-DDD

We just bought a couple of dozen RA1 335 shaved 5/32nds today. I think we have the market firmly cornered :ballkicked:

jenk12m 05-25-2011 09:42 PM

5/32 instead of 2/32?

there will be so many stories, yall will need a film crew to catch everything

TRAKCAR 05-25-2011 09:56 PM

Unshaved, sent to shaver for that perfect 5/32nd shaving!

Film crew. I'm on it.
These guys have nothing on me:
http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...ver-mancations-

Izzone 05-26-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenk12m (Post 2067)
5/32 instead of 2/32?

there will be so many stories, yall will need a film crew to catch everything

And we got them cheaper than the 2/32 tires :)

bman 05-27-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenk12m (Post 2052)
Bman there is always a way

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTS (Post 2062)
That is hard to believe Brian

but meeting these nuts somehow seems much more attractive,

It's a struggle. We have a 3 day Potomac PCA event at Summit Point 15-17. And I heading to the Glen on the 29th-31st.

I witnessed a brief moment on Manaction I and "attractive" isn't the word I would use to describe.:p Worn out, hung over and dirty seems more appropriate....that's why I am frustrated I can't join them. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzone (Post 2076)
And we got them cheaper than the 2/32 tires :)

I am making the switch to 18"! I've been running 19" and can't take the lack of tire options anymore.

TRAKCAR 06-19-2011 08:47 AM

Quick update :hello:

- We registered and paid for all the events and booked most hotel nights:
Autobahn Country Club July 9+10
Road America PCA 11+12
Mosport 14
Mid Ohio 15-16-17
Watkins Glen 18+19

- We're both getting the PFC dimpled front rotors and we will have 3 sets of worn front OEM rotors and 1 set of OEM rear rotors with us as spares.

- Running PFC08 pads and we will take 1 extra set each with us, they won't last 10 days. We will see how far they go. I am adding front brake ducts next week, but I don't think they are really needed at those tracks. Nothing Like Sebring PBIR and Homestead. I think the brake parts manufacturers designed these brake killer tracks down here :-((

- Cars are both Dyno'd for the fun of it, bit Dyno'ed at about 420HP, so that looks good as well.

- Tires: Toyo 18" RA1 245F and 335R. We each will have 2 sets mounted on rims and we will have about 6 rears and 2 fronts each to mount.

I hope there is still room for a beer cooler :ROFL!:

Both cars' allignment is the same, the only difference will be the LSD and brake ducts that I have, but Izzone is thinking about doing that as well.

bman 06-20-2011 11:23 AM

I did a mini-mancation last week! No comparision to Peter's trip but....

Drove Watkins Glen Wednesday. About 4 1/2 hour drive to WG. I drove up and back in less than 24hours. Interesting twist on the day when we ran the short/Nascar track from 3-4:30pm. That was cool.

Also, drove NJMP Thunderbolt on Saturday. A little over a 2 hour drive. Drove up at 5am, tracked 5-25 minutes sessions and was home in time for dinner with neighbors. This was a NJMP member day which was very enjoyable. I attended as a guest. They served breakfast and lunch which were terrific and the atmosphere was welcoming and laid back.

I changed the aero by adding the GT2RS front splitter and wing lip. Also, added more front spring and a turbo tweak. I used these two days to test the changes. Unfortantely, I need more testing! Car feels much different and was hard to read. My confidence was shaken and I couldn't get a handle on why the car felt bad. I made a sway bar change didn't do much to improve things. It was some of the worst and least comfortable driving I can recall ever experiencing and it was due to my inability to understand the chassis.:-((

Back to Mancation II - You guys are going to love Watkins Glen! This was my 3rd time there and 1st time back since the first weekend in August. It's awesome!

FTS 06-20-2011 11:49 AM

Only the front springs, not rears?