PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG

PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG (http://gt2gt3cup.org/index.php)
-   GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions (http://gt2gt3cup.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lucky Buyers: 4.0 Spec Thread- What Is Yours? (http://gt2gt3cup.org/showthread.php?t=200)

Crazy Canuck 05-10-2011 09:14 PM

Re: Lucky Buyers: 4.0 Spec Thread- What Is Yours?

Can someone post an option list pls? Thanks.

Oh and why don't I have the PCA National Instructor logo beside my name? I clicked the tab.

stujelly 05-10-2011 10:17 PM

Hey guys you missed an important and expensive option BRAKES.

What are you doing there??

mooty 05-10-2011 10:32 PM

when someone finds me an msrp car ;-)

White
silver wheels
black/black interior
Radio/NAV Delete
decal delete
Sport Buckets
steel brakes

FTS 05-10-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck (Post 1570)
Oh and why don't I have the PCA National Instructor logo beside my name? I clicked the tab.

Sorry Chris, my oversight, fixed now.

Izzone 05-11-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTS (Post 1579)
Sorry Chris, my oversight, fixed now.

Faith.....me too

CWS 05-11-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stujelly (Post 1572)
Hey guys you missed an important and expensive option BRAKES.

What are you doing there??

Didn't miss a thing. Trackrat learned his lesson the hard way and I never made the mistake to begin with. Steel for the win.

24Chromium 05-11-2011 11:47 PM

Pete, I'm so grateful that you paddocked next to me at the recent GGR event. I can live vicariously thru you!

I'm envious! Enjoy her in style.

stujelly 05-11-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS (Post 1583)
Didn't miss a thing. Trackrat learned his lesson the hard way and I never made the mistake to begin with. Steel for the win.

I agree, made the same mistake here too. Just curious. If I could do it all over, I would go steel all the way.

Good luck.

Trackrat 05-15-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24Chromium (Post 1615)
Pete, I'm so grateful that you paddocked next to me at the recent GGR event. I can live vicariously thru you!

I'm envious! Enjoy her in style.

Oh please...you have an amazing car to enjoy and you drive it very well. I feel fortunate to simply share a run session with you! :pals:

So I spec'd out the car today:

Darth Vader Car
Black
Red/Black interior
Carbon buckets (of course)
Black wheels
LW headlights
CDR-30 delete

That's it! Dark and light. Should have a build date tomorrow. Very exciting. You all talked me out of the Air cond delete and I still feel bad for not clicking the delete box ::-/

Some real enthusiasts have ordered/will order this car and that makes me happy to see. Should be some amazing on track video on the 'tubes by fall of this year.

CWS 05-16-2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackrat (Post 1722)
You all talked me out of the Air cond delete and I still feel bad for not clicking the delete box ::-/

Don't think that I could delete A/C but I'm happy to talk you into doing so if want. Just say the word. :D

FTS 05-16-2011 08:05 AM

I wouldn't delete the AC. You never know, there may come a day you may want to sell it, and besides few areas in the west coast I don't think there many other that can live without an AC. That is one option that makes a difference IMHO.

IPB-Autosport 05-16-2011 10:39 AM

What makes the RS 4.0 special is the fact that it is so good yet still a street car. Radio delete, sure. But I would keep a/c and the HID headlights. Eventually you get diminishing returns trying to save the last couple lbs on a street car.

If you're ready to get rid of all creature comforts, maybe a cup car is in your future.

Trackrat 05-16-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS (Post 1744)
Don't think that I could delete A/C but I'm happy to talk you into doing so if want. Just say the word. :D

yeah yeah...;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTS (Post 1746)
I wouldn't delete the AC. You never know, there may come a day you may want to sell it, and besides few areas in the west coast I don't think there many other that can live without an AC. That is one option that makes a difference IMHO.

I know...:-((

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPB-Autosport (Post 1759)
What makes the RS 4.0 special is the fact that it is so good yet still a street car. Radio delete, sure. But I would keep a/c and the HID headlights. Eventually you get diminishing returns trying to save the last couple lbs on a street car.

If you're ready to get rid of all creature comforts, maybe a cup car is in your future.

To me this is more of a barely street legal race car but I agree one must eventually fish or cut bait :-8

The dealer and I wrapped it all up today and popped the car into the system. July build :D Very exciting. I can't wait to hammer this bad-boy on track.

TRAKCAR 05-16-2011 04:11 PM

Exciting indeed.

Sounds like August would be a good time to come check out the mancave ;-)

Trackrat 05-16-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 1807)
Exciting indeed.

Sounds like August would be a good time to come check out the mancave ;-)

lol...September, Aug is too damn hot. Besides there will be at least a week of prep- cage/belts/etc (Akropovic?). I will be a stressed basket case :o