PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG

PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG (http://gt2gt3cup.org/index.php)
-   GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions (http://gt2gt3cup.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CEL again! (http://gt2gt3cup.org/showthread.php?t=181)

FTS 05-05-2011 01:18 PM

Re: CEL again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS (Post 1373)
Marketing and engineering loves to leverage the track theme. Accounting and service hate it. Caveat emptor. Nuff said.

You meant "accounting and legal..." I think ;) All service guys love us, we bring more unnecessary work to them anyone else :D

CWS 05-05-2011 01:47 PM

Touche

TRAKCAR 05-07-2011 01:06 AM

CEL again!

1 Attachment(s)
Back to Champion Motorsports first thing Monday.
They will get it fixed in time for Sebring departure I'm sure.

FTS 05-08-2011 11:36 AM

The never ending saga... :(

TRAKCAR 05-16-2011 07:23 PM

My car is getting a new CAT this week, so all should be well.

Last weekend at Sebring my car seemed slow, I dead even with regeared 3.6's and 3.8 seemed faster on the straight. A 3.8 with headers and open exhaust pulled about 10 car lengths on me on the back straight.

Could a broken Cat slow the car down that much?

SH || NC 05-17-2011 10:37 AM

Post cat 02 reading would send signal (and CEL) to adjust mixture, which would rob power I am guessing.

TRAKCAR 05-17-2011 11:12 AM

They messed with the sensor parameters so the CEL would not come on. It did not all weekend. My car just felt slow.. maybe I can ask them to Dyno before and after just for kicks.

GTRad 05-23-2011 08:25 PM

Reter,

current generation cars have multiple ECU maps that adjust based on emission readings from the multiple sensors. A broken cat (loose core) will make you lose power.

I lost massive power going from my stock exhaust (Fiat) to test pipes+custom muffler+headers. The car trapped 1/8 mile 2 mph slower (as bad as 4-5 mph on the 1/4 mile). After proper reset, which is a 2 days process in the Fiat, I got my power back, and the dyno proved gains of 20 whp (what I expected) at the top, and 30 ft-lbs on the mid-range, compared to stock. Car was too loud for my taste.

Then, I switched back to my stock cats, but this time I did not perform the proper reset. I brought the car to the dyno, and it lost 48 whp. I did a computer reboot and got back 24 whp from the loss, but I'm expecting more power. Ran Sebring without a proper reset, and the car was slow on straight line.

I just did the proper reset last week, and I got the power back, I will bring it to the dyno soon.

Find out what the reset procedure is for the Porsche, the procedure for the Fiat is tedious.

TRAKCAR 05-24-2011 07:06 AM

Thanks Rad,

I'll call today to try to get it dyno'ed just to see before and after new Cat. still waiting for a new cat to become available..