Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Close Call at South Bend

Quote:
I'll give my 2 cents:
  • T1: I don't think you are trailing the brakes enough and missed the apex on both of your fast laps. On the first lap, you also turned in too late IMHO. In my experience turning in early with very slight steering while trailing the brakes until the car attitude is right for throttle nets as much as 0.7 seconds just on the braking zone alone.
  • T2: for some reason you short shift to 4th gear and probably lost 0.5 secs because of that. Stay on 3rd.
  • T3: as others mentioned, you can turn in earlier and let it drift with speed with less steering.
  • T6-6a: I'd stay off the curbs there. Our friend hit the bridge during Zone 2 event, because he put the left rear on dirt on 6a and lost the control. Going over the curbs really does not add to speed or take less time that has any significance.
  • UpHill eSess: I used to take your line, albeit much slower. Although it is counter intuitive, adding some curves to your line while avoiding all the curbs makes the car feel more settled and much more confidence inspiring. Just wait a split sec more before your turn ins. Just like Dell describes, it works much better.
  • I was criticized for taking Oak Tree similar to you because I was abusing the tires and sliding the car too much for that turn. I was told by a coach to brake later after T10 and trail the brakes until the attitude of the car at Oak Tree is right and then get on gas hard. Something for you think about and to work on for me
  • We can all brake later into T14 as Dell mentions.

Thanks Fatih!
I will try to post this years lap. Slower but I think I drove better and did some of what you mention above.

Sold '07GT3 white