View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: GT3 RS 4.0 Official announcement and video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeattle View Post
Does anyone know if they have fixed the coolant line epoxy issues on this 4.0 motor?
Greetings all. New guy here. Learning (slowly) about GT cars. Thanks for your efforts in setting up and building out the site as a community and resource.

This car (engine) looks epic. In addition to Xeattle's question, I'm interested in whether or not the "ice pedal" issue has been diagnosed and/or addressed. Are any site members able to confirm the solution or refute the issue with facts?

Prior to this post I researched the Web and cannot seem to find statistics on occurrence or credible consensus on causality. However, there appears to be attention-worthy anecdotal evidence, and everyone agrees that missing turns and hitting walls is sub-optimal.

With regards to the GT3RS 4.0 Mr. Preuninger is on record stating the following: a) "It's as close to the race car a street-legal car can possibly get." - Official Porsche launch video. b) "God-like engine.", c) "We know our customer use these cars very hard so we have to really look for the most, best, performance and the best reliability of these engines." - Evo interview.

Based on these statements it would seem reasonable to consider the above-mentioned issues attended to. However, these are assumptions I would prefer to retire prior to purchase, or factor into costs as "preparation & safety" expenditure.

Regarding the infamous "ice pedal" please don't respond with "deal with it" or "drive around it" as per other forums. No offense meant to anyone here. It exists or it doesn't. Absent abnormal and extenuating circumstances, well maintained brakes should work. Period. (Unless, of course, one is willing to drink from the fountain of $50K to keep pumping your brakes Kool-Aid.)

Again, no intention of being inflammatory. I have a deposit down on one of these as my first GT and want to know what I'm getting into. Thanks again for the site.

Last edited by Trackrat; 05-02-2011 at 08:15 PM.