View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:06 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: GT3 RS 4.0 Official announcement and video

Lightweight, welcome.

I'll add my personal opinions. I doubt that they did anything different to the coolant line connectors or the lines themselves, but I do not think anyone knows, save for Stuttgart engineers. In their view the issue is too infrequent statistically to "solve" it. And I do not think anyone has statistics to prove them wrong at this time.

As for the ice pedal: reading all the posts closely on this matter across the electronic world and talking with few race car engineers, I am convinced that there isn't a design issue with the ABS system. That is not to say that the ice mode does not exist, it does and we keep hearing reports relatively frequently. Just like any system, Porsche street ABS is designed to work within certain parameters, and we don't know what those parameters are. That is the reason, we are trying to collect data slightly differently per our thread in Problem Reports. I hope we'll have enough data some time in the future to either influence Porsche to look at the issue more closely or ourselves in using the system differently.

As others alluded, I am convinced the issue occurs with the way one uses the brake pedal in conjunction with tire, brake disk, pad choices. But I am speculating as well.

In short, do not expect those problems to be addressed with the RS 40, but I doubt anyone's decision here would be impacted negatively from it