View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Diff Is Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
I am not sure I understand the breake-in "issue," but no worries.
Trying to learn more myself. After the LSD's been driven, especially hard, it will likely lose about 10-15% friction from the initial bench packing. So the tricky part is deciding how to pack the plates to allow for break in while not over packing at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
-Impossible to get the car turned, forget about T1 and oak tree.
-Cars ass was planted SOLID, as long as I was on throttle or under braking, I could do whatever.
-Once hot, the rear axle would be locked. I would come of the track and with minimal steering input the car would go clang, clang, clang. You could feel the wheels turning same speed.
Similar experience for me with #1 and #2. Luckily I haven't experienced #3. After my initial rebuild the car was tight going into VIR T1 but managable. After a couple of events it lost too much fricition and was re-packed. Then it was VERY tight going into T1 and was difficult to manage. It felt great everywhere except tight corners. I've only driven 1 day on the latest rebuild but assume it will "break in" after a couple of more days. Mid Ohio next weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH || NC View Post
I don't think the LSD is holding me back right now.
I had the same opinion and diff wasn't high on my list of needs. But now having driven a few events I am surprised how much of a difference it makes with braking stability, putting down power and even stability under modulation (climbing the esses ).

Here's some pictures of my diff
diff.jpg
clutchplate.jpg