View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered PCA Member

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Keep Or Sell? 3RS/Spyder vs Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
^ Great post. Straight to the heart of it. Another option Pete: one might devote some entrepreneurial ingenuity to borrowing, renting, or leasing one prior to purchase / ownership. That way a purchase decision is better informed
^
Exactly the pertinent point to the GT3 Cup experience and you get to compare it to the GT3 and Turbo under the same conditions which helps calibrate the scale, relative appeal and fit. For me, it made the GT3 easier to drive (and push) but then again I stay well within the envelope and, for sure, there is no driving contract in tomorrow's mail for me.

I know if I could handle the speed (and expense!) that I would certainly take a Cup Car over any modded car.....period! It is cheaper in the long run; and has the benefit of professional development and testing versus the good idea, trial and error process which poses as "superior" engineering in many instances.

When extremely high speeds are involved, the predictable, tried and true evolution equates into peace of mind and makes for exciting moments.. instead of excitable moments.

But if you like to tinker...that brings it own (though different) rewards which are not a substitute for a comprehensive package.

YMMV