Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: I Am Agonizing T3 at VIR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman View Post
How about T10? Did you try anything new?

Got video?
Yes I got videos, but I have been looking at data and haven't had the chance to edit and overlay data to post, darn process takes 4-5 hours

I had some late revelations at T10. I kept running as usual trying to figure out what I am "feeling" through that turn, what is making me uncomfortable. I think during my last session or one before I figured out that because of the way that turn is, I actually do not see the apex until late in the approach, hence my turn-in has always been quite late, which results in having more steering angle at turn-in, which either upsets the backend at those speeds, or forces me to over slow. When I started turning in earlier, before even seeing the apex or the curbs on the inside, I felt more comfortable and had either similar speed as in March or close to it. The part that I haven't looked hard yet is the turn or the tires felt more slippery (due to heat or worn tires or both), so I don't yet have a conclusion. I just need to keep looking at data.

This one day nearly open track session was very useful to me. I identified exactly 0.9 secs/lap of savings in total that I can now repeat at any time by changing my line and/or braking technique.