Thread: CEL again!
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: CEL again!

Reter,

current generation cars have multiple ECU maps that adjust based on emission readings from the multiple sensors. A broken cat (loose core) will make you lose power.

I lost massive power going from my stock exhaust (Fiat) to test pipes+custom muffler+headers. The car trapped 1/8 mile 2 mph slower (as bad as 4-5 mph on the 1/4 mile). After proper reset, which is a 2 days process in the Fiat, I got my power back, and the dyno proved gains of 20 whp (what I expected) at the top, and 30 ft-lbs on the mid-range, compared to stock. Car was too loud for my taste.

Then, I switched back to my stock cats, but this time I did not perform the proper reset. I brought the car to the dyno, and it lost 48 whp. I did a computer reboot and got back 24 whp from the loss, but I'm expecting more power. Ran Sebring without a proper reset, and the car was slow on straight line.

I just did the proper reset last week, and I got the power back, I will bring it to the dyno soon.

Find out what the reset procedure is for the Porsche, the procedure for the Fiat is tedious.