View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Keep Or Sell? 3RS/Spyder vs Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssort View Post
you need to go racing in a spec class (or other, depending on your budget and how much money you have to burn) and see what that is all about. nothing like wheel to wheel racing. DE days are like kindergarden. do it for a few years and have a blast. it puts everything else in perspective.
Good idea, makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFaust View Post
Pete, don't worry too much about, or listen to the voice of reason, it does not belong in this discussion.

Finally, if you can, you must. Cause if I could, I would... and I just might.
Lol... Bunch of co-dependents in here, I gotta spend some time away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
one might devote some entrepreneurial ingenuity to borrowing, renting, or leasing one prior to purchase / ownership. That way a purchase decision is better informed
That is mighty good advice methinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festina Lente View Post
^
Exactly the pertinent point to the GT3 Cup experience and you get to compare it to the GT3 and Turbo under the same conditions which helps calibrate the scale, relative appeal and fit. For me, it made the GT3 easier to drive (and push) but then again I stay well within the envelope and, for sure, there is no driving contract in tomorrow's mail for me.

But if you like to tinker...that brings it own (though different) rewards which are not a substitute for a comprehensive package.

YMMV
PSDS would be a great way to get a proper introduction to Cup. I am thinking seriously about attending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooty View Post
i know pete well.
i think he should just buy it and i will use it to scare other DE'ers.

i like that idea.
let's go for it.
i can get a dually and 44' gooseneck so i can bring pete's car with me everywhere ;-)
Hmmm, I see your confusion technique there. I was agreeing with you there for a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFaust View Post
Also, IMHO, an off in a street car destroys a lot of the resale value, not so much in a cup...
Another good point.