View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: Close Call at South Bend

It is hard to find fault from the videos given the corded/used up tires; without grip and/or full braking ability that comes with new pads, it is hard to do any better IMHO, but here it goes:
  • I really think you are loosing time by shifting to 4th and back down to 3rd between T1 adn T3. And because you are down shifting to 3rd at the entry of T3, you Vmin was a little too low laps 2 and 3.
  • I know you can carry more speed through T5a, you just don't seem to be committed to the turn enough may be.
  • The uphill esses, T10 seems great, but you are over-braking into T11, and then turning in a little too early into T11a (Oak Tree), your Vmin is in the low 40s, whereas you can keep it up to higher 40s (48-49 mph).
  • You top speed is lower than I expected, only about 2-3 mph higher than mine, I wonder if you're car is heavier than mine, but I would have expected a little higher on the straights
  • Going into T16 and taking Hog Pen in 4th I think results in a very slight lower speed that may be impacting you on the front straight rather than the Hog Pen itself. You maybe overbraking into T16, it seemed like you could wait tiny bit longer before hitting the brakes, but hard to tell with the vid only.

Cheers,