View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Close Call at South Bend

Thanks Fatih!
  • I really think you are loosing time by shifting to 4th and back down to 3rd between T1 adn T3. And because you are down shifting to 3rd at the entry of T3, you Vmin was a little too low laps 2 and 3.
I wish you were right, I partly agree. I tried, but hate bouncing the car off the rev limiter. Rev limiter messes with balance too even if it would be faster, I could learn to drive it I guess, but just hate the sound, feeling and TypeI overrevs.
It is faster in T14. No rev limiter there, but I went to 6 if I was not on a good flyer lap. You are right in that I overslow the car still.
  • I know you can carry more speed through T5a, you just don't seem to be committed to the turn enough may be.
I agree looking at the video, I really tried but I screwed up often and slid over 5b. Sometimes rear, sometimes front washed out.
Taking it in 4th. might settle the car better? Needs work for sure, just not sure how yet.
  • The uphill esses, T10 seems great, but you are over-braking into T11, and then turning in a little too early into T11a (Oak Tree), your Vmin is in the low 40s, whereas you can keep it up to higher 40s (48-49 mph).
Need coaching there too. I had it so side ways into T11 and on my way to Oaktree, slowing me down through oaktree so many time, I backed it up to make sure I got it right through Oaktree.
  • You top speed is lower than I expected, only about 2-3 mph higher than mine, I wonder if you're car is heavier than mine, but I would have expected a little higher on the straights
Non RS is always slower. More wing and wide body. At Sebring we can pass CUP cars in MKI GT3, they are faster out of the corner because of gearing, but than we'd catch up on longer gearing with much less drag. Same here.
  • Going into T16 and taking Hog Pen in 4th I think results in a very slight lower speed that may be impacting you on the front straight rather than the Hog Pen itself. You maybe overbraking into T16, it seemed like you could wait tiny bit longer before hitting the brakes, but hard to tell with the vid only.
Agreed completely, each time I tried to brake a little later/less I could not keep my foot going down onto front straight. I tried 3rd. but upset my flow and made it even more difficlt to keep therear planted. Here I know what to do, but can't

Sold '07GT3 white