View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: MovIt Carbon Silicon Carbide Rotors as PCCB Replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackrat View Post
MovIt brake update: Things have taken a turn for the worse with delays in the supply of another kit, lack of follow-through on parts and other severe "miscommunications" (I am trying to say it nicely) and I currently CANNOT recommend anyone to purchase any MovIt parts. Email or IM me for current situation if you are thinking of giving them any business.
Ok- update. MovIt and I patched things up. They addressed my issues and we are moving forward again in positive fashion and I give them full credit for being willing to step-up and address the challenges we had.

I will post a full review in a few more weeks but I can say the direct, drop-in replacement MovIt Carbon/Silicon/Carbide rotors have proven durable and a greatly superior to the OE PCCB rotors. After 15 track days they show no obvious wear and pedal modulation remains much better compared to PCCB. Furthermore pedal feel remains consistent throughout a full track session.

At this point it does seem as though this is the "Holy Grail" of rotors: non-wearing, excellent pedal feel and modulation. A lifetime rotor.

A full kit is still in progress, delays are due to testing, redesign and refinement of the kit. But the OE sized replacement rotors are showing to be bulletproof under very heavy use. I will be testing an oversized, 396mm kit as well within the next few weeks and will of course report on that when I have some experience.