View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Trackrat's GT3RS Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
When people yell retraint at you they don't always mean seat belts LOL.

Awesome Savy!
Peter- Sadly, this is true Thankfully both Spyder and now GT3RS have reached the limits of what I wanted to tweak and I can relax and drive for the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
I am so jealous of your phenomenal projects Pete. I also have so many questions on the Intrax choice and the brakes of course. Can you capture the sound of the Akrapovic exhaust by any chance?

I hope videos are coming soon too, right?

So, now that I could digest some of this... just amazing...

I hadn't heard of "movIt," how did you come up with that one?

4-way shocks is going to be a handful. I think generally they are more than impressive and give truly the fine tuning capability, especially from track to track. Any particular reason you chose Intrax? Also, did you get their camber plates or their solid top mounts?

You, of course, have to give us more details on "Custom designed/engineered threaded and thread-locked/sealed coolant fittings."

Just woww, I know you were doing some projects, but this is some undertaking
Fatih- Sure I will post more pics and some video clips as the projects wraps-up. The sound is of course phenomenal. Going to try and put the DB meter on it Saturday but I am guessing 106-108 db at WOT at 100'. It is pretty authoritative.

Intrax- I went through months of decision making process to settle on a suspension replacement. Intrax has a LOT of shock building experience, and their philosophy, which I share, is soft springing and control the motion via dampening. The company owner races GT3's. They come with some lovely beefy camber plates but they are not accessible from above for adjustment (unless we installed them wrong ) due to RS shock tower design.

MovIt is the only other source of ceramic rotors aside from Brembo and they are much more durable than OE ceramics. In fact they are marketed to last from one car to another! Their calipers take twice the brake pressure before deformation (beveled pads) vs.the OE calipers. I was pissed off from worn out ceramic rotors and beveled pads and wanted a superior solution. We shall see if this is it.

Me, Jess, Adam (CarreraGT), a skilled local welder and a skilled machine shop put heads together to come up with the coolant fitting fix. It took weeks of back and forth and multiple iterations of fitting design to reach where I am now and there is still some room to perfect the solution. Aside from the mechanical connection, I researched and located (available one place in the US) an industrial threadlocker/sealer good up to 700 degrees F before degradation. And the stuff get harder with exposure to Ethylene Glycol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooty View Post
very nice.
can't wait to see it in person soon
Thanks John- hopefully in a few weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0797.jpg (61.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0799.jpg (71.8 KB, 24 views)