View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Mancation II Drive North, or ship car to CA?

I did a mini-mancation last week! No comparision to Peter's trip but....

Drove Watkins Glen Wednesday. About 4 1/2 hour drive to WG. I drove up and back in less than 24hours. Interesting twist on the day when we ran the short/Nascar track from 3-4:30pm. That was cool.

Also, drove NJMP Thunderbolt on Saturday. A little over a 2 hour drive. Drove up at 5am, tracked 5-25 minutes sessions and was home in time for dinner with neighbors. This was a NJMP member day which was very enjoyable. I attended as a guest. They served breakfast and lunch which were terrific and the atmosphere was welcoming and laid back.

I changed the aero by adding the GT2RS front splitter and wing lip. Also, added more front spring and a turbo tweak. I used these two days to test the changes. Unfortantely, I need more testing! Car feels much different and was hard to read. My confidence was shaken and I couldn't get a handle on why the car felt bad. I made a sway bar change didn't do much to improve things. It was some of the worst and least comfortable driving I can recall ever experiencing and it was due to my inability to understand the chassis.

Back to Mancation II - You guys are going to love Watkins Glen! This was my 3rd time there and 1st time back since the first weekend in August. It's awesome!