View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:21 AM
PCA Member (Vendor Rep.)

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: I'm told Porsche cancelled my warranty!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landjet View Post
Would you please clarify, the "buy back" program is through BBB and is not part of the Magnuson Moss Act, correct? Or are the 2 related in some way? I don't see anything in the article you posted about the MM Act that mentions the buy back program.
To clarify, each auto manufacture has a special division made up of personal that actually has the authority to deal with any problem. This division is known by most as the "buy back" division. The only way to get in touch with this division is via the BBB and filing a BBB complaint. When you file the complaint with the BBB, they send the complaint right up to this division as long as you state you want the vehicle bought back. This process bypasses the morons in "customer service" who usually can only ruffle a few feathers because they basically have no authority to get anything done. When you are contacted by the buy back division, you then use the MM Act to get their attention and state your case. They will usually do whatever it takes to not buy the vehicle back. They will then correct the individuals on the ground that they simply cannot void a warranty because you changed a part on your car without being able to prove that, that part directly caused the part you are trying to get warranted to fail.

The best example of this is the addition of a set of headers on a motor and then the motor failing and the manufacture stating they will not warranty the engine because the headers were installed. They have to prove the headers directly caused the failure. Thus the addition of tires or a sway bar cannot void the warranty on a none related warranted part of the engine. There is no direct correlation in the two parts.

In the end when using the BBB you have the right to use an arbitration process to plead your case in the event the manufacture does not want to budge. However, I have never heard an issue going this far and I have gotten a vehicle fully bought back.

I hope this explains better on how to utilize the MM Act against the manufacture to receive satisfaction in warranty issues.

Last edited by TFENT; 10-20-2011 at 08:33 AM.