View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 01:21 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: I Am Agonizing T3 at VIR...

As a matter of fact, I agree with your comments. T10 at VIR has an arc of 315 degrees and radius of 185, T3 at VIR has an arc of 280 deg. and radius of 140. I could not find the planimetric drawings of Summit Point, just ball parking T3 has similar radius to T10 at VIR.

My issue is I have not yet figured out why my avg. speed through T3 of VIR is between 55-59 mph vs T10 with avg. speed of about 82-88 mph, and similarly T3 at Summit my avg. speed is 74-79 mph. Given that T3 at VIR is the easiest out of the three and radius differences being relatively small, I am trying to figure out how I can best go through T3 at VIR with closer to 70 mph avg. speed.

There is no question that I am over slowing into that corner, but why? It may have something to do with the curve at the approaching line to the turn that prevents me from looking into the corner sooner, or something. I certainly don't want to hit the tire wall on either side by trying drastic speed increases, but I gotta try something different for sure