Old 08-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: 996 or 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Pranqster, can you tell us more about the 6Cup and RSR engine? How does it run, maintenance, fun factor, etc.?
Sorry this answer is late. I have been on holiday some of June and some of July.

I own an 02 GT3 cup "The Red Cup" that the original owner modified into what is above and beyond a normal world challenge spec race car.

It has a RSR Sprint engine, upgraded sprint motor ECU, updated RSR quick connect hydraulic clutch, RSR single plate flywheel, 5.5 Tilton 3 plate metallic clutch, close ratio gearbox, lightweight cooling, electric power brake booster with factory ABS, 3 way motons, RSR perches, RSR spring rates, RSR control arms, 15 inch 8 piston front brembo brakes, 14 inch 4 piston brembo rear brakes, lightweight F1 style alternator, lightweight battery, Pankel axles. And today it still is clean and pristine.

Body was dipped red at the factory, Carbon fiber front fenders, carbon fiber mirrors, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber front bumper with custom splitter, world challenge spec rear wing.

I have been using Michelin scrubs mostly so tires have been cheaper than buying MPSC's for my 2004 GT3.

With a better driver than I, it should be able to keep up with most of what is out there. I have not had it on scales but it is supposedly around 2600 pounds with fluids and a half a tank of gas without a driver. My mechanic thinks it is putting out 440 to 460 at the flywheel.

I have owned since May of 2009. Other than consumables, I had to do a very expensive custom fuel bladder, both fuel pumps, a starter, battery, and a steering bushing in around 25 engine hours of driving.

I have not driven any other cup cars but can tell you that the fun factor in the cup is 3 to 4 times superior to any thing else I have driven. I have owned a RUF RGT, and 2007 GT3 RS, and I have driven a Friends Carrera GT to an indicated 192 MPH. I have driven Formula Fords and Formula Mazdas.

There is a big cost comes in in having support and it having to be towed everywhere it goes. I have repurchased my 2004 GT3 to drive when I am not driving the cup car, but it is really difficult to drive as hard as the cup due to the racecar versus streetcar setup. My GT3 feels like a momentum car in comparision to the cup.

Also I am coming up on the engine rebuild. I will have used it approximately 1/2 of the engine life, so on the pay as you go it costs about $1,000.00 per hour to run the sprint engine (just for the engine rebuild and reinstall). The sprint engines are incredible in the pickup from corners with their free reving nature. I have definately been spoiled by this car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Cup at Miller 2009 resized.jpg (37.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Miller June 2009 Red Cup 015.jpg (84.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Miller June 2009 Red Cup 018.jpg (75.8 KB, 12 views)

Pranqster