View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:57 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Porsche Has Really Spoiled Us Bad...

I dropped the car at the dealer for a rattle from the passenger seat and detailing (they do a superb job with the detailing for a very reasonable price, Tyson's Porsche, a.k.a. HBL). I got a Audi A4 as a loaner. I never owned an Audi, but it has always been in my list of cars with every purchase decision; the S4, RS4, S5, R8, etc.

I had the car for couple of days and returned it yesterday and unfortunately it was a let down for me. Particularly the steering and chassis control. It is a really quite car with good materials inside, but the drive is so unexciting and wobbly that I would buy a BMW 1 or 3 series before an Audi A4; and 6 years ago I swore I'd never buy a BMW again.

The steering was quite numb, would not self-center and had absolutely no feel. Add to that the Cadilac-like low-frequency wobbling side to side, the car has dropped of my list of potentials.

Also, every magazine praises the ergonomics in Audis, but I am failing to understand why. The controls required too many buttons to push, weird steering controls and the aircon controls were not very inviting. Overall interior gets a 5 out of 10 from me. I am not sure what all the magazines are fussing about, the Porsche 987/997 interior is so much better IMHO, and the new Cayenne/Panamera interiors should be even better.

I though I'd share.

Last edited by FTS; 06-26-2011 at 08:11 PM.