View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: 1st SCCA AX of 2011 (Fatih insisted)

Superb result Stu, I am envious, I never had the 1st place when I was running even regionally. My proudest moment was 4th on national ProSolo in the rain Since I did not renew my SCCA membership, I can no longer keep up with the results, so thank you for giving a glimpse of it

For those they may not be aware, Wash DC Region of SCCA Solo II (autox) is one of the most competitive in the nation. Most top autoxer in SCCA race in this region and getting good results in individual classes is an accomplishment, let alone 1st place in ASP. I don't know if it is still the case, but ASP is one of the hottest contested classes, the level of preparation is mind blowing in terms of the car and the driver. Is it still so Stu? What cars/drivers are you going against this year?

Frankly, I would not have thought a GT3 would be competitive in Solo II or ProSolo, it is amazing you are. I have heard from others that your driving technique reached a very special point, but getting this type of results in this region is just superb.

How is the level of car preparation for the GT3? I am sure you have more than the GMG bars on it. IMA is really cool, Ivan alsways has good advice. Actually the last time I saw you in person was when you had just purchased your GT3 and was dropping it off to him for alignment

Congrats Stu again, excellent result!!!