Old 07-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Mancation II Drive North

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
Tired, I try to be coherend
The track is mean and fun. Murder on brakes, full brakes and downshifting when you can not see apex, let alone track out.

I don't over drive too much and am smooth-ish typically, but our last session was about as much as I was willing to risk, probably a bit more. I got pretty squirrely in the kink after the long carousel as I was still taking it in 4th. John told me to take it in 5th. For me this was sloppy bacause I pushed a bit too hard for what knowledge I had of the track. Walls everywhere and the rain and bad wrecks did not help inspire confidence.

I would not have got tone under a 2:31 without John leading the way most of the weekend. He was the fastest RS.
I have more coming where all 8 or so RS are in front of me within a few laps. Damn our cars look cool and sound cool in between the narrow walls and

overhanging tree's.

My best lap was the last lap of the day with John all over my ass. We had some different approaches in slow corners and were still learning from each other on the track. We can go faster still, but don't try this at home kids..

Most challenching track I have been to this side if the Ring.
If this was my home track, bad things would happen.

The video looks crappy because both my rear rims are bent. Curbs are nuts here.

Mosport tomorrow, but that is faster with the walls even closer, so no worries.

More to come.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYBmBVdDgM&feature=player_embedded
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5RhYll8mjY&feature=player_embedded

Attachment 185

Attachment 186

Nice driving as always and glad to see they allow windows up with turn signals as the way to pass. I wish other clubs would do that