View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Mancation RATL Tail of the Dragon VIR

Quote:
Soft pedal is indication of overheated fluid, hard pedal with diminishing brake torque is overheated pads. Of course pads overheat first and pass than along to the caliper and fluid, but it takes a lot longer for the fluid to cool down to normal operating them than the pads. 50% pads is, corder tires, lots of track miles before hand are the best combination to go for 2:04s or 05s

I am glad you and car are alright, and thankfully it did not happen on T14

If you have data from that session or lap, send it to me, and I'll take a look at the traces and it might help the ice mode discussion, although it does not sound like it.
I have the data, but stuck in my car as the laptop is at the repair shop.
I actually think the R29 just fade once you just about set them on fire. I had enough brake pressure (SRF fluid) albeit a soft pedal but the car just would not slow as much.

Does not happen at T14 because you brake with the road going up, so you brake much harder and shorter..

+1.

We have to go left coast some time!
I' thinking about it, but I need a week or so to clear my head before booking the next events :-)

Sold '07GT3 white