Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Trailer King

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: DE, Why Bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
I started my DE career and was immediately hooked. I had no idea such a thing existed where you could take your car to a race track (like the pro racers do) and legally participate in such a dopamine and adrenaline rush.

Going to a DE is almost like going on vacation where racing is like going to work. The stress level at the DE is almost non existent.
Feel the same way.

I like hanging out with my buddies. BBQing at lunch. Drinking beer at the end of the day and I like that I can go out and blast for a session or just pass and repass my friends for fun. It's amazing what can be learned by constantly driving offline.

I've thought about racing but I don't think I'm all that committed to perfecting setup. I can drive around almost anything. That is why a Lemons type race appeals to me. Minimal $$$ outlay and loads of fun. What's not to like? It is very doubtful you will see me in a CupCar anytime soon. If I took the $$$ from better places I could find a way but I just don't see the point for me. I'm too busy at work and I like to do other things as well. Racing at a high level is another job. A job I have to pay big $$$ to do. Something I really don't need right now although a part of me does see the appeal. Unlimited budget? Different story.

My GT3 is modded. Not because I wanted to go faster. More that I got bored and wanted to try something new. I figured it was cheaper than buying a new car. And it was. And Mooty was a bad influence. I'm like him though I typically use all my tires until they cord. Then I can't believe how much stick a new set of tires has.

I like that I can blow off a session at a DE if I'm not into it or ride with another instructor. At an open day I like arriving mid morning and going until I'm tired and think I've had enough.

I enjoy DEs.