View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: 911 Platform, Is It Forgiving?

I came out of a pushing Mustang when I got my first Porsche; A '07 GT3.
I was pretty worried about the rear weight biased handeling. I felt I could "read and write" and really wring out the Mustang on and over the limit.

To my surprise the GT3 was way easier to handle on and over the limit.
When the rear steps out it is easy to catch, understeer is corrected with a quick lift of the throttle to rotate the car in a bit.
The few times it went fish tailing a bit I let my foor test on the brake and it was like throwing an anchor out the rear, as if stability control was on ;-)
Whadda these guys talking about with their "never, ever lift in a 911, I wondered??!! Old ones yes, new GT3's; Lift all you want..

With the RS now, even easier, you do have SC (When it rains, new tracks etc.) The DEMS make it even more stable and the car has even more stick front and rear.

Going 9/10th in an RS makes you pretty fast around the track :-)

I think they crash a lot because the are just so fast and forgiving, giving some drivers a false sense of thinking they can push harder. The car is fast enough to demand respect, more so for beginners.

Sold '07GT3 white