View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default PCCB wear on GT3 RS

OK I hope this does not become one of those PCCB vs steel brake rotors debate but I am looking for some feedback from some others that like to drive their rs cars.

I just turned 3000 miles on my car, no lie I have 1000 miles of track time. not alot compared to some of you guys but alot for me in 6 months. California speedway, willow springs (big willow), and a few days at Buttonwillow. Total 9 days.

So I have heard horror stories over the cost of the PCCB rotors and that most people advise not to wear the pads below 50%.

So I took my car into the shop and it was determined, from measurements, that my fronts were 60% and the backs were 70%. I feel like I drive pretty aggressive on the track and yes I leave the TC on. Oh and no beveling. I will add pics when I get the car back. The mechanic said my rotors look brand new.

So here is the big question, I am replacing pads with new ones, OEM, at this point unless someone can recommend a better pad. If I just replace the pads before 50% how long can I expect, or how long have others experienced that their rotors will last? Can I expect 5 years with the stock PCCB rotors as long as I stay on top of pad wear?

If so then what is the big deal running the steel rotors?

I am told that replacing the PCCBs is a 12 to 14k proposition and I do want to avoid that.

Comments