Old 06-11-2011, 01:54 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: How To Brake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman View Post
I thought you were kidding about heading to VIR yesterday. You just went down for the day? You've got a problem!
I never kid about VIR, and no doubt I have a (or more) problem(s)

Quote:
What change did you make in the release? Earlier? Which corners in particular?

Also, did you try different lines and braking thru T3?
Actually I was releasing a tiny bit later, but gentler, especially in T3, T4 and T10. I tried your line in T3, which worked better in entry, the car was more stable and controlling the brake pressure was easier as I broke slightly earlier with less pressure and I could more consistently take the turn. The preliminary result of doing so is... I am not sure what the word is frankly; I was significantly slower in entry, but slightly faster past the apex. The significance of this is that the conditions were much less favorable than in March or May; it was between 100-105 deg heat with very high humidity, the track was very greasy in many corners, all corners generally lacked grip, top speeds were also lower by 3-7 mph. Even so, my best was 2:11.7 in the morning, when it was about 92-95 with moderate to high humidity.

There is much more to look at in the data before any real results can be drawn, but I love that stuff and I have quite a bit of data to play with

I might put my notes in another thread as I look at data.