Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: Brakes and Shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festina Lente View Post
If the Cup Car had a traction control light to show that it too was loosing traction going up over Turn 4 and the Tunnel would you be as annoyed?

Physics is physics...and some of your issues are above my pay grade.

But, if you notice your Coach was having you short shift at the bottom of turn 4, even in the Cup..have you thought about why? I think it is because it too gets LIGHT at the top and with all that power, a wrong input (like too much steering) would have terrible consequences at the top and no opportunity for recovery.
I am not annoyed of the light flashing on the dash, most of the time I don't even see it, but I do feel the traction loss with slight unloading and the gain back when the rear loads back. But I am not certain if short-shifting in the Cup had anything to do with it; were we on 3rd or 4th gear in the GT3 through T4, I cannot remember?

There was also another place in which this was happening in the GT3, but I don't remember which section that was, a little more subtle, but was there still.

I guess my point is, somehow the PASM, with the short suspension travel in the GT3 compared to other Porsche road cars, leave me wanting a little in the shocks department. I may of course be exaggerating a little, especially after driving the Cup