Old 05-31-2011, 11:44 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: Brakes and Shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaist View Post
Was the Cup car on slicks and the GT3 on PS2's?

Then it's all in the tires. Slicks are like heroin. One good shot gets you hooked and all those r-comps feel like junk. Stuff like PS2 is just for driving on the street to the mechanic.

Locally a 997.2 RS was known to be driven within 4 seconds of a recent (997) Cup car's laptime (mid 1:40s). It was on slicks. It's all about the tires.
One of the GT3s were on PS2s, the other on Sport Cups, the Cup car was on Michelin slicks. I think Trakcar had lap times of 1:41-42 in March in his RS on RA1s. The instructor's were doing 1:33-1:36 in the Cup, my best was 1:46.

Details are here: http://www.gt2gt3cup.org/showthread.php?t=231

Quote:
Originally Posted by landjet View Post
Fatih, the turbo's longer stopping distance was because of the extra 500lbs that it carries.

Doesn't the cup car have 4 way adjustable shocks? I'm sure the drivers and mechanics had them dialed in ahead of time and that would account for the superior damping and feel.
Yes the weight difference was very apparent between the Turbos and GT3s, but the Turbo was so very fast still.

And yes, the Cup car has 4-way Sachs units and the whole car was setup before hand by its crew That is my point about this post, I think the shock setup can be improved on the GT3/RS, but I am not sure if it would be worth the hassle at this time. I really do not like modifying the car.