View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Intrax Four-Way Coilover Replacement Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
I could not quite tell which knob is what, e.g. how do you adjust the high/low-speed settings for rebound and compression. As you went through the adjustment ranges, how did the attitude of the car change, could you tell the difference between minor changes, or mostly 2-3 clicks at a time?

This looks like a very sophisticated system, that's why I am asking the questions, very attractive
I am setting them up tomorrow for my upcoming weekend and will take pics and update this thread. The rebound on rear is on top in the cabin and on front on the bottom of the strut. High speed compression is the big red knob. Low speed compression is another red knob that fits over the 4mm male hex you see sticking out. The entire curve of both is adjusted by loosening a locknut on the low speed adjuster and the whole "barrel" moves in/out.

You can go from perfect throughout, to twitchy and super loose, to mushy turn in, to loose on track out and very firm overall to very cushy for street ride.

Notebook, pen and towel to lay on are required!

The suggested default setup is truly superb, these guys know what they are doing. So neutral, so taut and controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
Looks very nice. Spring and shock setup is still a black art.

Pete, how do you find these guys?
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much ;-) Koni is Dutch too, so I guess there is know how there.
Indeed but the key is to find smart people to set it up 95% and then you can play with the other 5% for smooth tracks/bumpy tracks/ dry/wet. I knew you would enjoy the Dutch origins of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
So true. Most shock manufacturer's founder either come from Koni originally or Bilstein; KW, Ohlin, Moton, even several Penske engineers
An incestuous business for sure. Read the history of Intrax on their site...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS View Post
4 way intimidates me :-)
No need! Last year I was intimidated as well and now I cannot imagine not having them and the adjustability. Either learn how to tune them or find a shop that has experience and let them help you. Porsche should offer an adjustable suspension as an option for the trackrats.