View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Coaching...?

Quote:
Peter, I'm curious as to why you continue to bash Traqmate. As you know, I've got it installed in Gisele. It's certainly got lots of short comings, but... I invested a lot of time and money and I'm learning to live with it. And, I have to say, all my reliability problems have been pilot error. These things aren't intuitive!

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you'd rather discuss it that way.
No problem, let's discuss it here as a fair warning for others.
It seems that it is something all the time.
Last weekend my data only recorded for exactly 10 mins and 13 secs, each session?
Why? Nobody can tell you. I will find out tomorrow what is on my memory card this time.
I have not downloaded my data from last weekend, but I am already worried what I will find this time.

In general:
- Software is very counter intuative.
- Some stuff does not work. Example you include a video, hit OK, video disapears. You repeat it works. You just have to know the glitch and work around it.
- Their support forum sucks.
- Their manual sucks.

Counter intuative software with bad manuals and bad support forum = frustration.

Last year I bought HD camera and HD module. It would not work. I call and they explain to me that HD will work with software released next month. Tell me before you sell me the hardware please.

If you turn the car off without "ending" the session you have no data.

Too much money and time invested to buy something else now because they are all improving so rapidly. Except trackqmate. version 1.00 of the software is now more then a year old.

Sold '07GT3 white