View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Trackrat's GT3RS Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
The car (and driver of course) look awesome!!! On the second picture in the second set of pictures, were you countersteering because you over trail-braked or something? Great shot, just could not make the angle of the steering

So, how did you do on the time sheets, I saw you had a transponder on the rear of the car?
No counter steering in that photo, I need to upload to the gallery as the forum is compressing the image too much and distorting them.

I ran 3rd behind a local national shifter kart champion driving a GT-R who is a very good driver (all-wheel drive turbo at 5500' altitude=GT3 killer) and am Ultima Can-Am on slicks. So with a new suspension with three-clicks change on rear shocks I cannot complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
Pete; Awesome

The car looks so sneakily OEM, very stealthy

You're not even mentioning the brakes, are the a non issue now?
What pads do you use, Movit? What material and shape?
The kit for the GT3RS has not yet arrived That comment may have not been emphasized enough in my initial post. A full kit on the Spyder, and MovIt rotors only installed on the GT2RS as a stop-gap measure. Moved GT2RS brakes over to the 3RS until the kit arrives.

Also I battled mightily to get the RaceTech halo seat installed but it just was not meant to happen After $$ building various brackets I can't make it fit the way I want it to and it is going up for sale. Argh.

Ok, here is some video Rear cam is out of focus as we installed a new lens and did not have time to focus it (fixed now though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVy8OT9RWIk

Here is the Ultima just after he ran his best lap...chasing me down Watch front cam and then the blurry rear cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnCxLV6_xEM

Last edited by Trackrat; 04-04-2011 at 09:40 AM.