View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Center Lock Wheels

I have read so many threads about people complaining about the center lock wheels, what a pain they are, that I have been postponing doing my own wheel swap and brake inspection.

This weekend I pull my wheels off my 11 GT3 RS for the first time. I believe I followed the right procedure by leaving the car in the air while I torqued each wheel to the new track spec of 444 ft lbs. I used the truck brake pedal tool and it was a one man job. Probably took 30 to 40 minutes because I took my time and did one wheel at a time. There was adequate grease on the hub. I made sure the wheel was seated against the hub before torquing in the air. I used the mac tools 4 to 1 torque multiplier and a regular mac tools torque wrench set at 120 lbs because the multiplier info states there could be a 10% to 20% variation.

It was a no brainer. What did I miss?

I do have one question, what jack are most of you using? My car is set at the euro ride height with 18 inch GMG wheels so it sits a bit low and it was a strain to lift the car to slip the jack underneath it, again, one man show.

BTW I love this new forum.

Thanks guys