View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: DE, Why Bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackrat View Post
Wow! That is one of the best posts I have read anywhere in a very long time. Thanks Dell for taking the time and making the effort to create it. Very interesting and helpful to walk alongside one man's journey and experience the thought process. Certainly valuable perspective for me as I explore and chart my own path.

To each his own I say and whatever makes you happy is what you should do. "Know thyself"

Very welcome. I was afraid that maybe it was a bit long winded. But then again, those that really want the input and want hear others experience will read it.

I'm hoping at no point did I come across in a way that I felt I was "all that and a bag of chips" and that I was too good for racing. I know there are plenty of drivers that would blow my doors off but I just felt that being brutally honest was the best way to get my point across. It's just hard to know how others will interpret your words. At least I know here I won't be attacked like those that frequently do on Rennlist.

GT2GT3CUP.org is truly a place I feel like we can be honest and nobody will take joy in insulting you. What a great community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
But racing is work and I already have a job.
Let's say I go racing; Must have coaching, must analyse data, must practice, must setup car, must have newest and best. Everything must be perfect. Other cheat. Should you??

If you don't do all the above you're a loser and are getting lapped. So next time you do it ALL. Get t-boned off the track in T1 and go home. I have seen enough racing and the trauma is creates to stay away from it all.

DE; I must only show up and refill tank and drink beer. Yes, I'm a bit hung over or a lot, car is a bit pushy and I should change tire pressure and sway bar but I am to laze to bend down, just drive around the problem. Have fun. It gets to hot, you skip a session, etc. etc.
Bingo! That sums it up perfectly and a point I agree with 100%. I said in my writeup as well that racing just felt like work and DE feels like vacation. If you want to do well in racing you have to really work at it (as you said). If you don't then why are you even racing?

I much prefer to just fill up the tank, drink beer, and not give a damn if you forgot to adjust your pressures.

Besides, I have nobody to impress anymore except my 1 and 3 year old boys.....my future racers

Last edited by Dell; 05-16-2011 at 03:22 PM.