View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered PCA Member

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Keep Or Sell? 3RS/Spyder vs Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughp3 View Post
Appropriate thread and glad I found the forum, anyway I was right here where TrackRat is 5 weeks ago.

Sold GT3.1 for 2004 Cup. Did it for safety mainly but also was not gonna make the mistake, again, of taking a perfectly good street car, waste all kinds of money trying to make it half as fast as a true race car. Then spend money putting it back to stock hopefully without shunting it somewhere along the way. I have also found that the rush of track driving just cannot be found safely with street driving anymore, at least not around here (Atlanta). I bought this car with the expectations that I can do it all myself (I do have my own backyard shop with lift which does help a tad). I must be able to load, unload, run and maintain the car within reason, alone. Frankly its not a big deal. I just did it at Roebling and it was no different, albeit louder, than the street car.

Now the Goodie: Let me say and maybe say again. I cannot go back to a street car. The experience is soooo addictive, so visceral. I get it now. You need to experience this too. Yea I know its just DE's but really its much more than that. A clear track and a Cup Car is what makes me not sleep at night. The car is good, really good. About 7 seconds PL good first weekend out. So take the plunge, sell your street fighters, get a big turbo diesel and tow that baby to your next fix. Just put the sold car money away for tires, 1 set per weekend. Yea those new Michelin's were gone, time to try Yokohama's.

Hughp3 -
AMP member, lets get her done.
Somebody gets it!