View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: DE, Why Bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
I supposed the "local track/groups" are not PCA since they did not have open passing? Most clubs on the east coast nowadays, allow open passing in black/red type groups, which adds a lot of excitement and enjoyment IMO.
No open passing here, PCA or not. I'm in BC, Canada and the track (Mission Raceway Park) is small and lined with concrete walls. Many of the really experienced guys are sick of this puny track and don't come anymore. They prefer to cross the border to WA or OR and go to tracks there. So that leaves more junior people here and they don't have the track awareness/skills for advanced passing rules.

I grabbed a lap from my session last week and tossed it on youtube to show you what I came across every 2-3 laps. It starts off with me easing up a bit to confirm what the fella in the turbo was doing (just being safe) and then I caught up to the red car pretty fast, except he didn't have the courtesy to ease up and let me by before the hairpin. He knows I have to wait a while before I can pass him, so why not let me by then? Not a huge deal (I know the guy and he seems nice), but I don't have to deal with stuff like this in Oregon. Better track, better drivers and better passing rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWxjvYkFal0