View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: How Different Is Driving a Cup Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
So how difficult is it to move from a street GT3 to a GT3 Cup? When you first get in a Cup and you try to go, what happens?

It sounds like a silly question, even to me, but I am sure it is such a different environment, I wonder how much of a steep curve it is to learn to drive it.

Thank you,
Larry: Valid observations but my response was targeted at FTS' question, which I understood to be more about initial impressions and differences when you go from a street GT3 to a Cup and less about what it takes to race and be fast in the car. I think we agree on the suspension and handling differences. As for street tire grip staying consistent, I found MPSC grip on my street GT3 would change significantly over a session and over the life of the tire, albeit without as severe a penalty as slicks when they fall off. Full disclosure: I've only run my Cup on used slicks to date, which have seen their best days by the time I get them. But fresh slicks are inbound and I'm told they're more addcitive than crack so perhaps I'll have a whole new perspective soon....

Last edited by CWS; 05-19-2011 at 08:10 AM.