Old 06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: How To Brake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmarx View Post
Sinusoidal meaning slowly initially, then accelerating to fairly quick, then decelerating input to the steering, the throttle, and in case of this thread, application to the brake.

-Christian
Now that I have re-read your original post on this and this post, things are making more sense to me, at least this above statement is the first link, conceptually, between my chassis dynamics and driver training. Previously, I have not been able to link the two together in concept or execution.

My driving experience, as with most that replied to this thread, certainly collaborates this statement. My data also collaborates this statement. The part that is not collaborating or making sense to me is why would some professional drivers that I talked with advice me to be abrupt, especially under braking. The same thing happened during my recent PSDS visit too, which the coaches were in the camp of what Mr. Neil Roberts states.

There is no questions, I put out posts that are argumentative to generate discussion, but at the end I am trying to find out what is the next level of driving I need to be shooting for. I think the answer right now for me is the sinusodial approach (Christian, you should trademark the term "sinusodial driving" ); keep collecting data and analyze it until I can hit certain lap times while being absolutely smooth with inputs and observing the smooth outputs

Thank you.