Thread: Brake cooling
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Brake cooling

I suspected as much and don't think it's a fluke, same here but glad you are confiming it.
Most drivers are rather safe then sorry and replace them earlyish.

I have 2 sets of OEM fronts that I wanted both to run longer, but PFC insisted I try their pads with threir rotors, so now I have 2 sets of front OEM rotors with 15 days on them, not knowing how much longer they would have lasted.

My guess is 20 days until I fully creack them, knowing I have a backup set with me.
I fully cracked many rotors in my Mustang, I see no danger in it. Plus they usually crack during cool down.

I replaced the first OEM set, so I had that set as backup when I put new ones on the front and then I got the PFC rotors a bit earlier then planned, so now I have 2 sets of front backup rotors. The plan is to run PFC until the crack (I mean completely) and then do the same with the worst set of OEM fronts. Then I know how quickly, if at all the PFC rotors will pay off.

I do like non-driller rotors better because the feel the same weather you blow out the holes or not plus I don't worry so much about them. The holes cracking further just makes me a bit less confident that a solid rotor that has hairline cracks everywhere.

I never ran 19's so don't know, but I am very impressed with the minimal tapering of the pads, just due to pads!

Sold '07GT3 white